Thread: David Stern's Complete Jewish Bible

Hybrid View

Default David Stern's Complete Jewish Bible

Are there any plans to include a copy of The Complete Jewish Bible by David Stern's translation - The Complete Jewish Bible?

I didn't see it as a module on the site...

I am also interested in his New Testament commentary if possible...

Blessings,

please?

Shalom!
    I have just looked into the Version Database Compiler function of BW6 in another post. It is a function which allows you to compile any version of Bible into BW. Maybe you can consider of compiling the Complete Jewish Bible (Stern) by yourself.

Site like http://www.onlinebible.org/html/eng/...ish-bible.html

sells the CJB for about US$24 and since it is in an electronic format already (although it is intended to be used by another software), I imagine it is not difficult to convert it into the text format required by BW. It may be a tedious process if it does not export the entire CJB for you. But you can still do it at the expense of your time. Worth looking into this possibility.

Oh my.... thank you very much! I will take the time to look into that. It would certainly be nice to not have to carry ANY books anymore

Thank you for the response...

Smile David Stern's Jewish New Testament & Commentary

Hi,

On the question of his New Testament Commentary, that is available here:

http://www.messianicjewish.net/cgi-b...tml&search=yes

It is offered on a CD for $39.99. And the CD includes both David Stern's New Testament and his New Testament Commentary. These two electronic document come with the Libronix browser. For my own study I have begun the process of creating a BW 6 copy of the Jewish New Testament. So it is possible. This discussion raises two questions for me:

1) using the BW 6 version database compiler it is possible to import the Jewish New Testament text for study. But only (so far as I know) in a basic simple-format. Is there an easy way to add more elaborate formatting? This would range from simple italics through to more elaborate formatting of identations and more.

2) How could one then go about incorporating the Commentary notes electronically within Bible Works?

Stephen Kolk
    Seattle, WA

Maybe Mike B. will add on something here. If you read the help section in BibleWorks about the Version Database Compiler (VDC) you will get a good feel for what a database can have in it. You can have footnotes, translation notes, etc. Indentation, not really so much.

While some of us have made great use of the VDC for purposes other than the BW folks originally intended (it was made for the purpose of helping Bible Translators quickly and easily translate and compile their translation) and in some places we definitely wish that its features could be expanded, I seem to remember Mike saying that if you have a document with a lot of formatting, it's best to convert it to HTML Help format. I however have never quite figured that out, so like I said, hopefully he or someone else smarter than myself will drop a line here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile David Stern's Jewish New Testament & Commentary

Hi,

On the question of his New Testament Commentary, that is available here:

http://www.messianicjewish.net/cgi-b...tml&search=yes

It is offered on a CD for $39.99. And the CD includes both David Stern's New Testament and his New Testament Commentary. These two electronic document come with the Libronix browser. For my own study I have begun the process of creating a BW 6 copy of the Jewish New Testament. So it is possible. This discussion raises two questions for me:

1) using the BW 6 version database compiler it is possible to import the Jewish New Testament text for study. But only (so far as I know) in a basic simple-format. Is there an easy way to add more elaborate formatting? This would range from simple italics through to more elaborate formatting of identations and more.

2) How could one then go about incorporating the Commentary notes electronically within Bible Works?

Stephen Kolk
    Seattle, WA