Thread: Switching Between Different Layouts

Default Switching Between Different Layouts

Does BibleWorks have an easy way to switch between different saved layouts? For example, when I am doing Bible reading, I would like a certain layout, another when writing a paper, a third when preparing a sermon, etc.

I understand I could modify the layout and BW will restart with the last layout - I am looking for something like the "Save Workspace"/"Load Workspace function in Libronix.

Thanks.

Default Configuration Manager

Go to tools - options

Under "Start-up Options" check "Enable Configuration Manager"

Close BW and Restart.

You can now set-up different configurations with completely different layouts for different uses.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Go to tools - options

Under "Start-up Options" check "Enable Configuration Manager"

Close BW and Restart.

You can now set-up different configurations with completely different layouts for different uses.
    Thanks Joe!

Default display versions

Speaking of layouts...

I like to read the Hebrew using the "browse" view, which means the morphology (WTM) is not displayed. However, when I do searches, I want the search to be based on the morphological data (WTM). This means that anytime I start a search, I need to switch the version. Is there any way to avoid this problem?

Thanks

Default Keeping morph versions from displaying

Here is what you want to do:
    Go to Tools > Options
    Click on "Option Flags" tab
    Expand "Results Window Configuration Options"
    Check the box: "Do not automatically make morphology versions display version"

That's it
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default continue on WTM/WTT question...

I did unchecked the automatically making morphology versions as display ones.
    Yet, it seems that for searching on the base of WTM one have to 'turn it on', otherwise the command line doesn't gives a possibility to enter morph-codes...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Guller Yuri
    MA Student, Bible Studies Dep.
    Hebrew University, Jerusalem
    gullerya@gmail.com

The less time I have left, the more I appreciate it...
    (No, its neither a quotation nor a claim for 'revelation', nothing more then a simple self-expression).

Default search morph versions

You are correct in part. If you want to start your search from the command line, you need to enter WTM (Enter) then your search code. What won't happen, though, is that WTM will show up in the Browse window as a display version.

More easily, you can also start your search from the Browse window with WTT. Right click on the word, Search for lemma, and your search will indeed execute properly without having had to call up WTM.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Default bugs?...

You right about the simplicity of 'right mouse button click and lemma search' in BW, yet sometimes one needs certain word to look for, but doesn't has it in the Browse Window right now.
    More interesting is, that the flag which turns on and off automatic version switch seems to be bugged, while as i tried to play with it - nothing happens. I mean, that anyway when i type WTM (Enter) in ComLine the browse version turns to be WTM too.

Yet more interesting is the help solution, as written in Online Help on the subject:
    Automatically make morphology versions display versions

If this flag is set and you activate a Greek or Hebrew morphology as a search version, it will automatically be activated as a display version. This permits you to do morphology searches while having only the text version displayed.
    (For example, you can do GNM searches but have only the GNT displayed in the Browse Window. For non-Hebrew/Greek versions, activating a version as a search version always adds it to the display list as well.)

If this flag is not set and you activate a Greek or Hebrew morphology as a search version, it will not be activated as a display version.
    This permits you to do morphology searches while having only the text version displayed.

(Formatting include Boldness and Underlining are mine)
    Interestingly enought?!
    Last edited by yugu; 07-29-2006 at 08:54 AM.
    Guller Yuri
    MA Student, Bible Studies Dep.
    Hebrew University, Jerusalem
    gullerya@gmail.com

The less time I have left, the more I appreciate it...
    (No, its neither a quotation nor a claim for 'revelation', nothing more then a simple self-expression).