Thread: Paper Writing

Cool Paper Writing

When I'm in paper writing mode I don't like switching on and off between BibleWorks and my word processor, so I put BibleWorks in paper writing mode on only half the screen. This opens up room on the bottom of the screen for word processing. To accomplish it in version 6, I primarily put the Results Window into "short" mode so that I can minimize the Editor, leaving only the Results Window, the Auto Info Window and the Command Center. In version 7, the Browse Window is flanked by the Search Window and the Analysis Window automatically, so it can easily be left on only one half of your screen.

This layout can also enable you to view passages in parallel on the lower half of the screen.

Of course, you can also use the half screen to work with other Bible software programs, as in this screenshot with various textual apparatuses:

Last edited by jdarlack; 04-21-2006 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Updated for 7.0 (sorry no freecell)...
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default lol

And what paper-writing mode is complete without a game of FreeCell opened for those times when you hit a brick wall

a man after my own heart i guess....
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Paper Writing Layout.

I am new to BW. How did you get the three parellel versions below your normal screen in the above post?
    Ashley Graves

Default Parallels

Quote Originally Posted by agraves
    I am new to BW. How did you get the three parellel versions below your normal screen in the above post? Ashley Graves
    Hi there Ashley. It's quite easy. The easiest way is to type "p" followed by a space and then the three letter version abbreviations for each version you'd like in parallel in the command line and press <enter>. For instance, type:
    p bgt niv nau
    Then press enter. This will produce a parallel screen with the Greek New Testament/LXX, the New International Version and the New American Standard Version.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing