Thread: How to get BDAG pg. #'s

Hybrid View

Default How to get BDAG pg. #'s

Hi,

Does anyone know how to find the page number of BDAG references?

In footnoting BDAG, I need the page number from which it came. But in the electronic version unlocked within BW 6.0, I only see entry numbers for words, not page numbers.

thank you,
    Robert

Default Try an alternative

Quote Originally Posted by rcavin
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to find the page number of BDAG references?

In footnoting BDAG, I need the page number from which it came. But in the electronic version unlocked within BW 6.0, I only see entry numbers for words, not page numbers.

thank you,
    Robert
    You cannot get the page numbers from version of BDAG in BibleWorks.

I am not sure what you are writing for. If it is for publication you will want to check with your publisher as many will not accept electronic citations when the printed text is available.

If it is for a class you may want to check with your Prof. or librarian to see if an alternative style is acceptable. Something like:

"sarx," BDAG, BibleWorks 6.0.009i (BibleWorks, 2003).

This type of citation is often accepted by seminaries when using electronic publications.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wrïa' ~yI©AGB;÷ ~Wrïa' ~yhi_l{a/ ykiänOa'-yKi W[d>Wâ WPår>h;

I remember that in another forum I suggested making citations beginning with "S.v." (for sub voco, Latin for "under [the] word") followed by the word that heads the entry from the lexicon. That was allowed in my seminary. But others on that list disapproved.
    But if you really want the electronic version of BDAG to include page numbers, you can make the suggestion to the following thread:
    Ideas for future development
    If there's enough need for it, it will probably get done, eventually.
    God bless your studies of His Word!
    Mark Eddy

Default BDAG citations

Or you can cite following this analogy for BDAG:

Footnote: Henry George Liddell and Robert Scott, comps. A Greek–English Lexicon, 9th ed. with supplement, s.v. "i`stori,a."

Bibliography: Liddell, Henry George and Robert Scott, comps. A Greek–English Lexicon. 9th ed. with supplement. S.v. "i`stori,a"

It is indeed an approved Turabian/Chicago Manual of Style format. If you want closer citation, you can then cite the sub-heading in the article.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)