Thread: Unicode, Word 2000, and Widnows ME

Question Unicode, Word 2000, and Widnows ME

I have Word 2000 and Widnows ME, and I want to be able to use unicode fonts (for use with biblical languages). But I have not been able to successfully load any biblical language unicode fonts (like SBL Hebrew or the Tyndale font kit). I also do not have Microsoft's Arial Unicode MS font and have not been able to figure out getting it and loading it onto my computer. I suspect it is because of having Word 2000 and Windows ME. So I am wondering if anyone would know about this, and if so, would they help me out by advising me about this issue.

Thank you and may God bless you,

Brian

Default Greek and Hebrew

I have posted pretty much everything I know about working with Greek and Hebrew at: http://www.gettysburgsem.org/mhoffman/greek/fonts.htm

There are links and directions to everything you need.
    Do be aware that it is a trickier deal working with WinME. (I know. I've done it.) You can make it work with Tavultesoft Keyman, but expect some erratic behavior. Things are much smoother with WinXP (and supposedly also Win2000).
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Smile Thank you

Thank you for this info, Mark. Maybe I should upgrade to XP. If not, then at least I know it is workable even if not ideal.

God bless,

Brian