Thread: Font map tables for SPIonic and SPTiberian

Question Font map tables for SPIonic and SPTiberian

I would like to export the Bibleworks fonts Bwgrkl and Bwhebb as SPIonic and SPTiberian respectively, fonts frequently used by scholars in books and journals (these are the standard fonts used by JBL for example). But this looks tricky to me, especially for the Hebrew font SPTiberian since it looks like it involves figuring out which vowels must be placed before or after a word and then indicating this with carrot characters. So my main question is: Has anyone already created a font map table for either of these fonts, and preferably both? If so, would you be willing to share it with me?

Thank you and may God bless you!

Brian Abasciano, Ph.D.
    Pastor, Faith Community Church
    122 High St.
    Hampton, NH 03842
    Last edited by Brian A.; 10-14-2005 at 10:04 AM.

I don't think that has been done. I think you can get around it by converting BW fonts to unicode and then there are converters that go from unicode to SpIonic or whatever you need. I'm no expert on this field though, so let's see what others can tell ya

This link i believe will have some of what you're looking for
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile Thanks

Michael,

Thank you. That thread was helpful. It looks like it might do for Greek, but probably not enough to take care of Hebrew well enough. Hopefully someone will post with info to take care of Hebrew on this until the next update of BW comes out with unicode. I must say that I am surprised people who know a lot more about programming than I do (I know nothing) have not really approached these issues by using BW font export feature. Thanks again.

God bless,

Brian

Cool this might be an even better link?

Do you see at the top of the forums where you can do a Search for topics in the forums? It's on that blue strip, in white font. Click on that and search for macro, I just did and I think I have a better link for you than the one I gave you previously, check it out, there's a program called unimacros.zip posted by BW staffer. I think that might be what you want, but again I'm not entirely sure cuz I only partially have messed w the font conversion stuff, it always gets too confusing for me too!

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ighlight=macro
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile Thanks again

Mike,

I realized that the former link you gave me probably would not really even do for converting to SPIonic specifically, but I should check this new link out. I am surprised that more people have not already explored this since various journals and publishing houses seem to require or suggest the SBL fonts for Greek and Hebrew.

Anyways, thanks again, I should let you know how this new link works out.

God bless,

Brian

P.S. I have now got the new link at my disposal. It looks like a possible solution if unicode is acceptable to publishers, journals, etc. who ask for SPIonic and Tiberian. I should check into this soon. Thank you for all your help with this.
    Last edited by Brian A.; 10-15-2005 at 10:23 PM.