Thread: Notabene

Default Notabene

Does anybody have any experience with Notabene and Bibleworks?

Default NB 8.0 with BW 6

Yes, I used Nota Bene with Bible Works, and they work pretty smoothly together. Can I help you sort out anything?
    Last edited by Dale A. Brueggemann; 10-13-2005 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Addition

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Just curious for future reference (no pun intended).
    Notabene appeared on the radar again with their version 8 update.

I just got the version 8 Beta today. Looks good so far.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default V. 8

Does version 8 still look like it was designed for Windows 3.1? I'm interested in the program, but the interface looks awful, especially compared with the beta shots of MS Office 12.

Of course, if it functions wonderfully, I can put up with looking less polished. But right now with Office Pro and Endnote, I need a good reason to shift. Not to say I don't have complaints about those, but if what I have is buggy and cumbersome, why pay $299 for something else buggy and cumbersome that I also don't know how to use?
    Ben

I hate to say it, but yes it still looks like it was designed for Windows 3.1.

It really is too bad. It is a great program and the people involved seem to really care about their users - like BW. I guess most users must not be concerned about looks!

I would be nice if it had more of an Office 2003 or even an OpenOffice look to it. Although I too of MS Office 12 - not the potential price, but the look.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    I hate to say it, but yes it still looks like it was designed for Windows 3.1.
    Yes, or designed for MS-DOS, which it was. The menus look like something you would have expected to see on early DOS Word Star or Word Perfect; however, its power is as a research writer's tool is worth the aesthetic loss.

And the Beta version 8.0, which can be purchased as a beta version, is a nice improvement in functionality and stability.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default NB and BibleWorks

Hi

I am interested in hearing how users of Nota Bene and BibleWorks makes these programs work together. It would be very helpful for me as a relative new user of NB.

Stefan Green