Thread: Version data base compiler with Greek error?

-----------------------------
    Last edited by pasquale; 06-15-2009 at 04:45 PM.

I assume that your version language is not Greek (you cannot use end notes--for the auto-info window--or embedded notes--in the text itself, if your version uses the Greek or Hebrew languages).
    See the 6.0 manual pages 307-309 for more details.
    You also have to choose whether your input is "in BW Native Format" or "in CCAT Format." BW suggests that you use the latter. You seem to be using BW native format.
    There may be a couple problems with your example: {ecc. <g>i[na</g> ecc.}
    1) Why do you have "ecc." in it twice?
    2) Your accent symbol doesn't work for CCAT. Try {<g>i(/na</g>} instead. I have never tried to put Greek in notes, but i(/na works in Greek texts.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 10-12-2005 at 02:26 PM.

I downloaded your example, and I think I have discovered why some Greek accents don't display correctly in your notes.

BW Help tells us:
    Has Italics - If words in your text are to be italicized, check this option. Italicized words should be surrounded by square brackets []. If you have this option checked, text in your database which is enclosed in square brackets will be displayed italicized.
    But the BW Greek keyboard map tells us that typing [ will produce the Greek accent [. And typing ] will produce the Greek accent ].
    The problem comes when we try to enter Greek into a version’s notes. BW assumes that “[“ introduces an italicized word and “]” ends the italicized section. So when we intend for these symbols to be Greek accents in BW native format, BW fails to recognize these symbols as accents, so nothing displays in our versions.
    Also, it appears that the BW Version Database Compiler fails to recognize Greek accents according to CCAT when this input is included in the notes for a non-Greek version. It seems always to read the Greek in these notes as if they were inputted in BW native format.
    I have notified BW support of this difficulty, and I shall let you know if they have any suggestions about how to solve this problem.
    In Christ,
    Mark Eddy