Thread: more resources?

Default more resources?

The website www.biblecentre.net has kind of been flashed around in a number of different Biblical websites. It operates under the premise that by making books available online, they're doing nothing different than a library does with having a reference shelf open to users. With that as their premise they offer a lot of Biblical resources.

Because what they're doing with materials in copyright is highly questionable and very likely illegal (maybe forever, or perhaps only until the Google lawsuits help explain digital rules on this stuff), I can't imagine the website being up forever. That being said, there is also available on it a number of resources which are NOT in copyright. You can go through there and see the list yourself. I was thinking specifically like the Trench books on the Miracles or Parables or even Synonyms.

Because these are not in copyright, it is okay to reproduce them. These would be helpful references for people.

once again. materials that are in copyright still (look it up on amazon to see when it was published if you're in doubt), should not be copied, but the old stuff, I think would be good to have.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I agree there is a lot of very good, useful stuff out there that is not under copyright.

Eventhough I like to see good material available on the web, there is no doubt that much of what www.biblecentre.net is offering is in clear violation of Copyright law as it stands right now.

Even if Google wins their fight, what www.biblecentre.net is offering is quite different. You can view and read entire texts, not just small portions at a time.

One of the most helpful resources I have found for understanding if something is or is not under copyright is @ http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/tra...lic_Domain.htm
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;