Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    Hi Mark and Roy,

Can you give me any more information? I am unable to reproduce the problem. Was it at the end of a long note? If possible can you send me the note as it was just before crashing, and then the keystrokes that caused the crash?

Mike
    Hi Mike,

I was just hitting keystrokes trying to reproduce the problem. After a bit I held down one key and after a few wraps it crashed.

Also it happens when I paste some text (just a few lines) from the AI window and begin to type.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default Crashes while writing notes

I cannot predict when it will happen. Next time it does I will send you the info you mention. It happens every several minutes as I work for extended time writing notes. I have developed the habit of exiting a note and returning to it to make sure the present contents are saved. I can say that it has happened early on in a short note (even wrapping to the second line), but I am working with verse (rather than) chapter notes, and if it makes any difference, some of the notes I have on surrounding verses are quite long. Also, I'm often working on the notes from the synopsis tool. Even when I'm not in the synopsis tool, in my case, that tool is usually, if not always open when I have the crash problem.

------------------------------------------
    Roy E. Ciampa, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of New Testament
    Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    130 Essex Street
    South Hamilton, MA 01982

Default Crashing in Notes

It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this. Crashes happen randomly. I use notes on each verse rather than on the chapter. I type along in the note and it will randomly crash -- sometimes after a word or two, or (worse), sometimes after several lines. I've learned to start saving every few words by going up a verse, then back to the one I'm working on. This is really frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by cbales
    It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this.
    Hi cbales and welcome to the BW forum!

From your version number, it looks like it has been some time since you updated (is that a typo or is your version really 1b?) BW 6 is now at 6.0.11j . My first suggestion is that you update to the newest version and see if that doesn't help. If not, feel free to write post again, or write Charle at support directly (support@bibleworks.com).

Default Crashing notes

My notes crash also on a random and unexpected basis. Although I tried the suggesstions given earlier by BW tech support I have had no success. I am also running the lastest patch. Here, however, is a better solution for you: instead of changing verses to save your note, try Ctrl+S frequently while writing notes. Those combo keys might be more efficient for you rather than changing verses.

Quote Originally Posted by cbales
    It seems that since my last update (6.0.01b) that I've noticed this. Crashes happen randomly. I use notes on each verse rather than on the chapter. I type along in the note and it will randomly crash -- sometimes after a word or two, or (worse), sometimes after several lines. I've learned to start saving every few words by going up a verse, then back to the one I'm working on. This is really frustrating!