Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

Default PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
    Date: 04/07/04 at 15:23:41
    Title: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.009b)
    Description:
    Finally (I hope) fixes Mark's crash bug in the auto-info hyperlinks.
    Instructions:
    To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the file you must enter the word "preview" in the Updater Access Code Dialog, accessed from the Options Menu.
    If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
    books_sbl.bna | [init]
    bw600.exe | [program]
    bw600.map | [program]
    bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
    default.dwd | [init]
    shellexec.txt | [init]

Smile Works!

Hi Mike,

It looks like it solved my crash problem. I have clicked over 100 times and no crashes!

Thanks, Mike
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default No more "There is no such reference in the current search version:" with NET

Hi Mike,

With 9b. I was actually still getting the above error message when I click on links in NET notes. It was changing my search version to CDL (A userdb) which does not contain any bible references.

I had loaded three userdbs of Creeds in English, Latin and German. I deleted the CDL database and the next time I click on a NET link my search version was changed to one of the other Creeds userdbs. This happened for all three.

Once I deleted all three, the links in the NET notes work fine, although it does change my search version to ESV.

At least now they work. Still not sure why those userdbs being there caused this to happen.

Thanks,
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default Lexicon crash

I am running t he next to latest patch and whenever I look up a Greek word in the Liddel-Scott that is not covered in the lexicon, diatesseron, for example, the lexicon, along with all of Bibleworks, freezes.

~Jim

Default No Show

6.0.009b is not showing when I go to web updates. My current version is 6.0.008s.

scott
    http://www.lamblion.net

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos
    6.0.009b is not showing when I go to web updates. My current version is 6.0.008s.

scott
    http://www.lamblion.net
    Hi Scott,

On the main BW window go to:

Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates|Options|Enter Access
    Help|code(s).

You need to have the word "preview" for the access code.

Let me know if this doesn't help.
    Mark Langley

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Thanks Mark. That did the trick.

Default Crashes while writing notes

I'm using 9b and find that it frequently crashes when I'm writing in the verse notes feature, especially when it comes time to wrap to the next line.

------------------------------------------
    Roy E. Ciampa, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of New Testament
    Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    130 Essex Street
    South Hamilton, MA 01982

Default crash using notes in 9b

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Ciampa
    I'm using 9b and find that it frequently crashes when I'm writing in the verse notes feature, especially when it comes time to wrap to the next line.
    Hi Roy,

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing.
    Mark Langley

Default Crashes while writing notes

Hi Mark and Roy,

Can you give me any more information? I am unable to reproduce the problem. Was it at the end of a long note? If possible can you send me the note as it was just before crashing, and then the keystrokes that caused the crash?

Mike