NEW! Coptic NT Versions
J. Warren Wells of Sahidica.org has graciously permitted BibleWorks users to use his suite of New Testament Coptic texts. Three new versions are available:
Here's a screen shot that shows the Greek text reconstructed from the Sahidic Coptic version compared against the BGT. It also shows the Bohairic and Sahidic texts in parallel:Release notes:
- Sahidic Coptic New Testament (SANT)
- Bohairic Coptic New Testament (BONT)
- New Testament according to the Egyptian Greek (NTEG)
- The two Coptic (SANT, BONT) databases do not use a standard BibleWorks font. Instead, you must install the Uncial Sans Serif font (UncialSS.ttf) into your c:\windows\fonts directory.
- Command line searches will work in the Coptic texts, but the command line will not display characters correctly.
- The Coptic texts have been defined as "English" texts. Unfortunately the VDC would not allow them to be compiled as "other," and it does not give a "Coptic" option. [This probably explains the previously mentioned problem with the command line.]
- The NTEG has been compiled for use with standard BibleWorks Greek fonts. This facilitates the comparison of the reconstructed Egyptian texts against other BW Greek texts.
- The compiler of these BibleWorks files does not know Coptic (yet), so those who do have facility with the language are welcome to make suggestions.
- To install:
- Unzip the coptic.zip file into your C:\program files\bibleworks 7\userdb folder.
- Install the UncialSS.ttf font in your fonts folder (see above).
- Copy the .bww files in the unzipped "coptic" folder to your \bibleworks 7\databases file.
- Use the Version Database Compiler to compile the various texts. (The three .ddf files are each contained in their own folder, e.g. \coptic\sahidic_nt\sant.ddf, etc.)
Many thanks to J. Warren Wells for letting BibleWorks users explore his texts of the Coptic NT.
See also Plumley's Introductory Coptic Grammar for BibleWorks!
Nuts, another language to learn ;) Good addition though!
please i want to know
do any of these versions contain ( 1john 5:7)
the trinity verse
trinity is not there
The text given is the same as the NA27:
thank you brother jdarlack
but a question
do you have the anchor bible ,epistles of john (raymond e.brown) ?
Sorry, I don't own it personally. Contact me at the following email address:
Originally Posted by kimo14th
RE: "do you have the anchor bible ,epistles of john (raymond e.brown) ?"
Did you ever track this down?
Jim, I can't get any of the links you provided to work. Not the download, nor your blog link, nor Plummer's link.
Originally Posted by jdarlack
What have I done wrong?
I downloaded from the first entry of this thread, expecting to get 3 Coptic versions.
What I got was
2 fonts (SPAchmim.ttf & SPTiberi.ttf)
An Introductory Coptic Grammar
by J. Martin Plumley
Undaunted, I proceeded to download the grammar (thinking the two zips may have gotten switched) following the link in the same first entry of this thread, and got my old friend "The page cannot be found"
To add injury to insult, BW forum has 4 times blanked the "reply" screen when I had most of this typed in, and informed my that I wasn't logged in.
The unofficial BibleWorks Blog, which hosts many user database downloads, was completely erased a few weeks ago. It may be that not all the files you are seeking have been restored. You may want to check the thread concerning the blog for information about this. If you can't wait, some of us might be able to e-mail you the zipped files you desire.