PDA

View Full Version : Google Desktop Search

bcollins
08-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Has anyone with the technical ability considered making a plugin to search the BW note files via Google Desktop Search?

mlward
08-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Yes, please, someone! This would be wonderful. I take all kinds of notes in my BibleWorks editor, and I would love to be able to search them.

Mark

Ben Spackman
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
There's a new version of google desktop search, and I'd like to add my whiney plaintive voice (:)) to the request for someone who has the technical know-how to write an add-in that searches BW notes.

Dale A. Brueggemann
08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Why not start begging for BW7 to index and search BW notes? I would rather see it stay integrated with BW.

By the way, how are BW notes stored? Maybe I could index them in Nota Bene's "Orbis" indexed datebase and search from inside Nota Bene?

Ben Spackman
08-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I've assumed that BW 7 will include some kind of search capacity for the notes, but if not I'd like it!

Since we don't know when BW 7 is coming, I'd hoped to see something useful in the meantime.

I believe the notes are essentially .rtf files that simply have a .bww extension.

Joshua Luna
08-26-2005, 01:51 AM
I would like to see BW include searching natively, as well as hyperlinking to other notes, verses, and maybe even websites. But being able to link to other notes would make them much more usable for me :D That way I can keep commentary notes, textual notes, and notes on phrases/words separate yet easily accessible with a single click :D

tcblack
08-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Download Larry's Anyfile text indexer:
http://desktop.google.com/plugins/i/indexitall.html
Then in setup add the BWW file extension to the INI file and you'll be good to go.

Because the plugin analyzes text you'll also get all the codes for formating in plain text in the cache but it will manage to index your BW files, even keeping a cache snapshot of your changes.

NOTE: The BWW files are in RTF format.

Gilbert Salinas
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Download Larry's Anyfile text indexer:
http://desktop.google.com/plugins/i/indexitall.html
Then in setup add the BWW file extension to the INI file and you'll be good to go.

Because the plugin analyzes text you'll also get all the codes for formating in plain text in the cache but it will manage to index your BW files, even keeping a cache snapshot of your changes.

NOTE: The BWW files are in RTF format.

Does anybody have a copy he/she downloaded that would send me a copy of???

gilbertysalinas@msn.com