PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks Does it Again

Joe Fleener
07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Check out the latest issue of JETS.

There is an update to a previous review on LOGOS and BW. BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!

Ruben Gomez
07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Check out the latest issue of JETS.

There is an update to a previous review on LOGOS and BW. BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!

Hi Joe,

Is there a link somewhere for non-subscribers? I for one would like to read the article. Unless, of course you refer to this article (http://www.cyber-chapel.org/reviews/LibBwkDec2004.pdf) by Van Parunak, but I think this one appeared in 2004.

Thanks,

Rubén Gómez

Michael Hanel
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi Joe,

Is there a link somewhere for non-subscribers? I for one would like to read the article. Unless, of course you refer to this article (http://www.cyber-chapel.org/reviews/LibBwkDec2004.pdf) by Van Parunak, but I think this one appeared in 2004.

Thanks,

Rubén Gómez

I don't know that it'd be available online. It's the newest JETS issue. I am sure that BW would try to get permission to post it on their website and you could link it from there. This is an updated review, so it's not the 04 one that you have a link to.

Ruben Gomez
08-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Michael,

I think it is JETS 2007 50/2 (June) where that review is found. Could someone with access to a good library - or who owns a copy - please elaborate on it? I have searched everywhere but could not find it.

Please PM me if you have a copy.

Thanks!

Adelphos
08-11-2008, 03:30 PM
BW came out on top again for exegetical studies!

Oh yeah? Well how 'bout that 400x100 freestyle swimming relay? The Americans swam faster than BW can perform a simple query! :cool: Most exciting swimming race in the history of the world, unless you count Noah and crew.

Ruben Gomez
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah? Well how 'bout that 400x100 freestyle swimming relay? The Americans swam faster than BW can perform a simple query! :cool: Most exciting swimming race in the history of the world, unless you count Noah and crew.

The point being...?

Adelphos
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
The point being...?

Just a little American levity... No point to speak of, except that I suspect the speed of a BW Query is a superlative in the field of computer queries, so the swimming turns out to be an apt metonymy to illustrate it. I think.