PDA

View Full Version : Version Database Compiler Question

tfjern
07-25-2005, 08:36 AM
I have created a DDF based on the BGM database. In section 3b. ("Greek and Hebrew Versions Only"), I am at a loss as to which morph coding to indicate, as well as which Companion. I have tried every combination available, but while the Greek appears OK after compiling, the English parsing appears in Greek font. Also, in the drop down box there are only six options: None, Based on GNM, BNM, SCM, WTM, and LXM (strangely the Manual suggests there are more options). Any ideas?

Mark Eddy
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I have created a DDF based on the BGM database. In section 3b. ("Greek and Hebrew Versions Only"), I am at a loss as to which morph coding to indicate, as well as which Companion. I have tried every combination available, but while the Greek appears OK after compiling, the English parsing appears in Greek font. Also, in the drop down box there are only six options: None, Based on GNM, BNM, SCM, WTM, and LXM (strangely the Manual suggests there are more options). Any ideas?
You need to give more information before you can get some help.
E.g.: What to you mean by "a DDF based on the BGM database"? Did you export the BGM and make a .txt file of it in order to make corrections in it? If so, then you would use the BNM morph coding, since the B stands for BibleWorks, and the BNM and BGM use the same coding. If that is the case, then obviously the "Companion" would be BGT, since the BGT and BGM are companion texts. But if you are making a morphology database to go with some other Greek text, then that other Greek text needs to be your "Companion."
For example, a few of us have toyed with making a morphology version for the Apostolic Fathers, in which case the "Companion" is APF. (The programmers assure us that a professional version of APM is in the works.)
I would guess that the way you exported your database to make a .txt file is what prevents the English font from working.
If you can give more information, you might get more help.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy