PDA

View Full Version : Final Hebrew consonant characters on the command line

Florin Laiu
07-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Dear friends,
I use Bible Works 6.0 and generally I am satisfied with it. But sometimes I meet some problems I don't know if they spring from my ignorance, or from some bug. For example, when I want to search for Hebrew words (with vowel points) ended with the final consonants Kaf, Mem, Nun, Peh, Tsade, The program responds with the message: The following word or form cannot be found in the current search version.
If I search the same feature without vowel points, it works, but then I have to check for hundreds of words, to eliminate the forms I don't need of.... This is a very annoying problem for me.
Can anyone help ?

God bless !

jdarlack
07-26-2005, 09:08 AM
...when I want to search for Hebrew words (with vowel points) ended with the final consonants Kaf, Mem, Nun, Peh, Tsade, The program responds with the message: The following word or form cannot be found in the current search version. If I search the same feature without vowel points, it works, but then I have to check for hundreds of words, to eliminate the forms I don't need of.... Hi there Florin, Could you give a specific example? It would help to know exactly for which word and what version you are searching. Just now I tried to search for ~i[ in the WTM, both with and without vowel point sensitive searching turned on. In both instances I had no problems with the final mem. I did the same search on %w<T', #[e, and !G:, and still did not have any problem.

Florin Laiu
07-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi, JACK !
You are a good friend. hy<x.yI Atn"Wma/B, qyDic;w>
I tried immediately your examples, ~[i, #[e, !G: and %w<T' and the only surprise was that in the case of %w<T' it worked. But ~[i, #[e, !G: do not work.
Besides, I discovered another problem. When I search for some word in QST and then I copy the reference list on the editor, the last reference is written always incomplete. For example, it is 4Q514 instead of 4Q514 f1i:8. But only the last, or if it is the single occurence.
I don't want to say that the program is bad. It is possible that I have made an erroneous setting somewhere.
God bless!
Florin.