PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)

MBushell
04-06-2004, 10:43 PM
PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
Date: 04/06/04 at 22:43:03
Title: PREVIEW BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.008z)
Description:
This update fixes several more problems with the auto-info hypertext functionality added recently. It also fixes a problem with the code that rebuilds the gloss database when you edit the HOTVOC and GNTVOC flashcard files. You will need to exit BibleWorks and manually delete the GNTVOC.DBX and HOTVOC.DBX files in the BibleWorks DATABASES directory. Then start BW and it will rebuild the gloss databases.

This release also has major new functionality for the diagrammer. Multi-page support in the diagrammer is now greatly enhanced. A new option, File | Page setup, lets you specify how to lay out the diagram over multiple pages. In addition, the diagrammer will now show guidelines where a page ends.

Instructions:
To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a PREVIEW version intended for TESTING purposes. To access the file you must enter the word "preview" in the Updater Access Code Dialog, accessed from the Options Menu.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
books_sbl.bna | [init]
bw600.exe | [program]
bw600.map | [program]
bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
default.dwd | [init]
shellexec.txt | [init]

Joe Fleener
04-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Mike,

I am still getting the error "There is no such reference in the current search version:..." when clicking a reference in NET notes in the AIW.

My search version is BNM

I am displaying ESV, NET, BNT, PES

I am in Eph 4:2

I mouse over the NET.

I hold "shift" and mouse down to the AIW.

I release shift and click Matt 11:29

I receive the error.

If I click OK and move the new results window the the side (which is empty), I see that it changed my search version to CDL (This is a user compiled version of the "Ecumenical Creeds in Latin"), which does not contain Matt 11:29.

When I close the new results window, the search version goes back to BNM.

Let me know if you want me .ini

Mark Langley
04-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi Mike,

In the AI window the links to the Apocrypha do not work. They bring up an empty window. I checked on my laptop which has a previous version and the links do work to the Apocrypha. If you are working around that at the present that is fine but I thought you might ought to know if not.

Also is there a way to turn on an AI window within the window that the links open up. Previously it did and now it does not.

Thanks.

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi Mike,

I am still experiencing crashes as I click on the links in the AI window. It takes a few clicks but it will crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Ben Spackman
04-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Mike,

I am still getting the error "There is no such reference in the current search version:..." when clicking a reference in NET notes in the AIW.

My search version is BNM

I am displaying ESV, NET, BNT, PES

I am in Eph 4:2

I mouse over the NET.

I hold "shift" and mouse down to the AIW.

I release shift and click Matt 11:29

I receive the error.

If I click OK and move the new results window the the side (which is empty), I see that it changed my search version to CDL (This is a user compiled version of the "Ecumenical Creeds in Latin"), which does not contain Matt 11:29.

When I close the new results window, the search version goes back to BNM.

I followed this without error, though the search version changed to the NET and then back to BNM.

Ben Spackman
04-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi Mike,

I am still experiencing crashes as I click on the links in the AI window. It takes a few clicks but it will crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.About 40 consecutive clicks now in HALOT, BDAG, and NET without crashing.

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 02:08 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks. I made it to 25 clicks a moment ago in BDAG and then crashed. :( This has been constant with the last few updates. I haven't had any problems with crashes until recently.

tcblack
04-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Try running Dr. Watson and then running till you crash BW. the resulting report might reveal the reason.

Start>Run> Type "DrWatson" and hit enter.

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Try running Dr. Watson and then running till you crash BW. the resulting report might reveal the reason.

Start>Run> Type "DrWatson" and hit enter.
Thanks, I will give that a try.

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Tried Dr Watson and it reported no faults detected.

Roy Ciampa
04-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm running 008s. It looks like we're up to 008z but although I just checked for updates I don't have any waiting for me.

Did something happen back at 008s that made it necessary to do something special to find new updates?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Roy Ciampa

Joe Fleener
04-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Roy,

In the Update Window go to Options - Enter Access Code(s).

In that window enter preview

This will "reveal" the preview updates.

Roy Ciampa
04-07-2004, 12:41 PM
I notice that 008s (which I am running) is not even listed at http://www.bibleworks.com/bw6history.htm (http://www.bibleworks.com/bw6history.htm). Did I take the wrong pill? Have I fallen down the hole to Alice's wonderland? Is that why I haven't found any Executable updates waiting for me since getting 008s?

Thanks,

Roy

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 12:44 PM
I notice that 008s (which I am running) is not even listed at http://www.bibleworks.com/bw6history.htm (http://www.bibleworks.com/bw6history.htm). Did I take the wrong pill? Have I fallen down the hole to Alice's wonderland? Is that why I haven't found any Executable updates waiting for me since getting 008s?

Thanks,

Roy

Hi Roy,

It is a little confusing talking about menus.

On the main BW window go to:

Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates|Options|Enter Access
Help|code(s).

The option that is being referred to is the one in the Install Updates window.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Roy Ciampa
04-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks to Joe Fleener for pointing me to the preview access code!

Roy

ingosorke
04-07-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't see an Options option under Check for Webupdates etc., and no access code option either.

So, no updates since 6.0.008s.

What am I doing wrong?

Ingo

Mark Langley
04-07-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't see an Options option under Check for Webupdates etc., and no access code option either.

So, no updates since 6.0.008s.

What am I doing wrong?

Ingo
The Options is a menu in the update window. Can you see it?