PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks on a Mac

redeemerpat
07-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been using BW for years (1995?). I am now thinking of flipping to Mac, are there any other users that use a Mac and could give me input about how well if at all BW works on the Mac platform?

Patrick Malone
Montclair, NJ

pdwinva
07-19-2005, 05:41 PM
For the past several months, I've been using BibleWorks 5 on a PowerBook G4 (my first Mac) via Virtual PC 7, and on the whole I'd say that I've been pleased. The program only runs slightly slower than it did on my old PC laptop; searches are still lightning fast. The major drawback has to do with font-related compatibility (or the lack thereof) with Word. But I haven't found that to be a major headache in my usage. (Although I understand that that might be a bigger issue for others.) In general, though BibleWorks feels more "at home" on a PC, I feel like I've got the best of both worlds running it on a Mac, since I don't want to have to own--and negotiate--two computers.

By the way, I initiated a thread on this same topic in the past. Check out: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142

Also, enter "Mac" or something like that in the "Search this Forum" box, and you might turn up some others.

onedesire
07-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Defintiely go mac! And BW works fine on Virtual PC (as long as you are getting a new mac). It runs just as fast as my old PC, P3 800MGHZ, BW is the only reason I use Virtual PC. Would love it if i didn't have to use it at all.