PDA

View Full Version : cut and paste problems into USER NOTES

MBD
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I am working on user notes for verses in Isaiah. I want to add Akkadian transliterated quotations occassionally. I did the quotations in WORD using Arial unicode ms, which has the letters I need. I also use super and subscripts. I have chosen Arial unicode ms as the default for English in the BW 6 font choices. So I cut a quotation from Word and paste it into BW notes window, but it comes out as gibberish. I even try highlighting it and then clicking font and try changing it the Arial unicode manually but that does nothing. What is my problem?

As a desideratum, it would be nice if the NOTES could be set to use WORD as its editor. I don't have stock in MS but it would simplify things; I find editing text in notes cumbersome.
Michael Dick
dick@siena.edu

Adelphos
06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
So I cut a quotation from Word and paste it into BW notes window, but it comes out as gibberish.

I'm not sure if this is the answer, but you can't paste RTF into BW notes (I think that's right), so you'll want to see if changing to plain text will solve your problem.

The good news is, is that BW 7.0, which will be out late this year or early next year, will have a completely new editor interface which, I'm told, will solve the problems with the note situation. I am really looking forward to 7.0.

MBD
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Alas Plain Text does not handle the unicode. I had so hoped that unicode would solve all our problems. I have wasted weeks and weeks in my academic career playing around with fonts. I wrote an entire book on an Akkadian text and then the editor wanted me to use another Akkadian font! That took 10 days to change using search and replace etc. UNICODE!