PDA

View Full Version : any news on 7.0

alan1979
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
is there any news on 7.0, how close it is, and any additions that are being added?

alan

wie
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
As you know, 7 is the number of perfection. Thus it will never be reached (at least not under Windows). I expect BW 6.1 therefore.

Mark Eddy
06-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Methinks Wieland doth pull thy leg. Unless Jesus returns first, there will be a 7.0. Here is the latest news that the programmers posted to the list (as of April 7, 2005):

"Just to whet your appetite a bit, we are looking at a number of new modules for 7.0. We have over a dozen major item in the works. Westerman is not on the list for 7 simply because there is a limit to what we can do and still get the product out in a reasonable amount of time. In fact the new module and documentation are the major things holding up the release. In answer to your suggestion, yes all resources will have Scripture hyperlinks and be integrated into the Lexical/Grammatical Help dialog, including the old references like TWOT, etc. We will also have Unicode support, a completely new editor that is really, really nice, and a LOT of new surprises that we can't talk about because they would be copied in a heartbeat. We think this will be a really nice release.

"Your next question is time frame. All I can say is that it will NOT be ready for a Fall release. We are waiting on too many important databases to be finished by then. It is possible by the end of the year, but early to middle of next year is much more likely. People who buy 6.0 within 90 days of the release can get 7.0 for just the cost of shipping and handling, and any price difference between 6 and 7 (there may be a small price increase - the first ever). Outside the 90 day window upgrades will, as always, be very reasonable. We need to be clear about all this because the delays in the release could hurt 6.0 sales and there is really no reason for that. We have to pay bills between now and the release and chatter about the relase could really hurt us if it causes people to wait for months for 7.0 to come out. So remember that we have the most generous upgrade policies in the business - because we value and appreciate loyal customers. 6.0 is still the best thing out there.

"One more tidbit. We are finally doing the big Liddell-Scott. The work is in progress but it is big job and it won't be released until a few months after the 7.0 release. We want to do a very good job on this one. LSJ is not going to be superceded for a very long time, if ever.

"Please pray for us. There is a huge amount of work involved in pulling all this together and this is by far our most ambitious release.

God bless,
Mike Bushell
BibleWorks,LLC"

Mark Eddy

Adelphos
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
One more tidbit. We are finally doing the big Liddell-Scott. The work is in progress but it is big job and it won't be released until a few months after the 7.0 release. We want to do a very good job on this one. LSJ is not going to be superceded for a very long time, if ever.

I hope this doesn't mess me up too much. Part of my weightlifting routine is to use the big LS printed edition at least once a day. Now that it's gonna be on the computer, I might succumb to a mouse click instead of a hefty heft.