PDA

View Full Version : Idea: no-click/mouse-over Results Verse Listbox

ingosorke
06-06-2005, 12:10 PM
The no-click/mouse-over Auto-Info Window (dictionaries . . .) function is great.
I wonder if the Results Verse Listbox could be programmed this way as well as a custom option:
Mouse over a word and, based on custom settings, get an instead Lemma result.
For example, I could detect hapax legomena as I read the text, without running an ASE query. It would probably tax system resources but sure would be convenient by saving one more click step.
Just an idea . . .

Charlie
06-08-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm not understanding what you mean. Can you explain it in a bit more detail?

ingosorke
06-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Sure: When I move my cursor over a Greek word I automatically (= without clicking on the word) get a lexical result like UBS info in the Auto Info Window below.

I'm just wondering if the Results List Box (window #2, manual p. 13) could be set up the same way. For example, instead of having to right click my mouse, then select "Search on Lemma", I'd like to set up Bibleworks where I would get a "Search on Lemma" result (list of root occurrences) by just moving my cursor over the particular Greek word.

Example: Mark 6:27: mouse cursor over spekoula,tora (spekoulatora) and automatically display that this particular word only occurs in Mk 6:27 (= hapax legomenon), without any mouse clicks.

In other words, a degree of search results without having to click.
Technically all search features could be linked that way if selected by the user. "Cursor-activated search results window" :)
It would the next step from the Auto-Info Window (2.13, pg. 70).

Hope this makes some sense . . . thanks for your interest Charlie. I might have to show you at SBL in Philadelphia . . .