PDA

View Full Version : Wordlist Manager Bug Fix (6.0.012c)

MBushell
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.012c)

BibleWorks Automatic Update Notification
Date: 06/02/05 at 20:15:10
Title: BibleWorks Executable (Rev 1 6.0.012c)
Description:

This patch fixes a Wordlist Manager bug that occurs when you use a VLS file as a verse range.

Instructions:
To access these downloads go to the <Help|BibleWorks on the Web|Check for Web Updates...> option and follow the directions. This is a NOT a trial version. No access code is needed to download this patch.
If you have problems with this update please post a reply to this message on the BibleWorks Forum in the Official BibleWorks announcements section.

Affected Files:
bw600.exe | [program]
bw600.map | [program]
bwgrkd.ttf | [program]
bwgrkl.ttf | [program]
bwmaster.chm | [databases]
default.dwd | [init]
example_1phrasing.dgm | [diagram]
example_absolutes.dgm | [diagram]
example_adjective.dgm | [diagram]
example_adverb.dgm | [diagram]
example_appositive.dgm | [diagram]
example_clause subordinate.dgm | [diagram]
example_complement.dgm | [diagram]
example_conjunctions.dgm | [diagram]
example_direct address.dgm | [diagram]
example_direct object second.dgm | [diagram]
example_direct object.dgm | [diagram]
example_indirect object.dgm | [diagram]
example_infinitive adverbial.dgm | [diagram]
example_infinitive.dgm | [diagram]
example_paren nominative.dgm | [diagram]
example_participle adjectival adverbial.dgm | [diagram]
example_participle substantive.dgm | [diagram]
example_pendent nominative.dgm | [diagram]
example_pred nominative.dgm | [diagram]
example_predicate adjective.dgm | [diagram]
example_prep phrase.dgm | [diagram]
example_relative clause.dgm | [diagram]
example_subject-verb.dgm | [diagram]
example_subject-verb-do.dgm | [diagram]
shellexec.txt | [init]
tagrefs.txt | [init]
zlib1.dll | [program]

hopeport
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
... of people getting these "file not installed/problem in patches folder" messages. But I've been much less than thrilled about the prospect of reinstalling and loosing settings, and so haven't done it. Happily, BW seems to keep working. But it is getting pretty disconcerting. Seems a lot of folks are having the same issue. Are we losing any functionality by not reinstalling?

Adelphos
06-12-2005, 09:07 PM
... of people getting these "file not installed/problem in patches folder" messages. But I've been much less than thrilled about the prospect of reinstalling and loosing settings, and so haven't done it. Happily, BW seems to keep working. But it is getting pretty disconcerting. Seems a lot of folks are having the same issue. Are we losing any functionality by not reinstalling?

Yes, could we get some clarification on this? I don't want to reinstall unless I have to.

Philip Brown
06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
If a patch does not install, that does not the entire program needs to be reinstalled. You need only "reinstall" the specific patch that had problems.

If you start the updater and the patch does not appear, then under Options choose Show Downloaded Patches.

From the list that displays you can choose the patch that had problems, and then click the Apply Selected Updates button.

Patches do not cause you to loose settings. Any patch that requires a reinitializing of the BW .ini file is marked.

Hope that clears things up a bit

Adelphos
06-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Hope that clears things up a bit

Nope. Doesn't clear it up one bit! ;)

The message box I've been getting tells me that I need to reinstall. I've been ignoring it, and when I choose the About Box it tells me that the new version is installed.

What we don't know is, are we losing any functionality by ignoring this annoying message?

I think this has to be a bug since so many of us are experiencing it.

And I still don't have my comma in the SCR as in the verse below! :(

Mark Eddy
06-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Nope. Doesn't clear it up one bit! ;)

The message box I've been getting tells me that I need to reinstall. I've been ignoring it, and when I choose the About Box it tells me that the new version is installed.
As far as I can tell what A. Philip Brown II wrote is exactly correct. The message to reinstall refers to the update, not the the program itself. If you tried to install a patch fewer than 24 hours before you attempt to reistall the patch, (for a reason unknown to me) BibleWorks does not recognize that the patch has not been properly installed, and so you will not be able to see the patch that you think you need to reinstall in the list of patches.

What we don't know is, are we losing any functionality by ignoring this annoying message?
If you don't notice any loss of functionality, then from my experience I would say that you are losing no functionality. You at least have the same functionality you had before you tried to add the patch.

I think this has to be a bug since so many of us are experiencing it.

And I still don't have my comma in the SCR as in the verse below! :(
Please be patient. BW does not update databases for every little error. That would be too costly to pay for the bandwidth for all of us to be downloading large patches constantly. If you sent a report of typographical errors to support@bibleworks.com, then you can be pretty sure that it will be fixed for BW 7.0. I personally have sent the programmers scores of typo reports, covering a number of Bible versions and especially BDB. There are so many typos in BDB that they are paying for a systematic review of it. Besides this, unless the errors are major (and even leaving out a verse or two doesn't seem to qualify as major) you'll probably have to wait for the fix.
If it really bugs you to see the typo, you can export the SCR version to a .txt file, make the correction yourself, and recompile it with the version database compiler under the "Tools" menu. This will overwrite the BW SCR with your corrected version.
I hope this helps a little more.
Mark Eddy

Adelphos
06-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Please be patient. BW does not update databases for every little error.

I was really half-kidding about the update for SCR, hence the icon :( !

I did send this same report to BW several versions ago, but it keeps getting missed. I know I can recompile, but it still needs to be fixed sooner or later.

As far as the patches, I'll have to wait for the next update and then read the error message carefully. So far, I've just skimmed it, and the word "reinstall" just jumped out at me. If it's just the patch that needs to be reinstalled, then that would be a minor problem, and I'll go back and read Philip's message more carefully as well. But I hate to have to reinstall the whole shebang, although ultimately that may be what's required.

MTan
06-14-2005, 02:15 PM
A long while back there was a patch that caused just a few files (bwgrkl and bwgrkd, I think) to get out of sync. This results in the "you need to run repair" message that you are seeing. Running repair should indeed fix the problem. However, to avoid losing your settings, you can save your INI files, then run repair, and then restore your INI files. This should solve the problem.

The other solution is one we have just posted. It is entitled "Updater base files" This patch should get rid of the "you need to run repair" message and put your updater files back in good order.

Hope that helps!
Michael