PDA

View Full Version : NAU Auto Info Notes

bshauger
05-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Is there a way of turning off the NAU notes that show up in the Auto Info window under the Strong's listing? I can seem to find a way to turn them off.

Dale A. Brueggemann
05-17-2005, 04:57 AM
You can close the auto-info window by unchecking it in the View menu or by clicking on its toolbar icon (a double vertical window). But that shuts off all auto-info, such as the glosses for Greek and Hebrew.

I imagine you actually wanting to get rid of the alphabetical footnotes in the text. To do that, click inside the results window and type the letter 'n' (no quotes). It's a toggle, which turns the note feature on and off.

bshauger
05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks. Yes, actually I want to turn off the notes below the Strong's info. If you turn off Notes with "N" it only makes the text subscripts goe away but not the reference notes that show up in the Auto-Info Windows.

I would like to create a little Strong's lexicon for a small passage for instance. Unfortunately, BWW's Report Generator only lets you do this with Greek and Hebrew lexicons. The next best thing is to copy the Strong's info into the edit window but the notes come across with it - since they are only pertinant to that particular verse it makes them useless. Its not a very good feature (allowing one to copy universal info [related to a word] but having to take specific non-relevant verse info with it.

Philip Brown
05-18-2005, 01:57 PM
an example of what you don't want, we can probably tell you how to get what you do want.

bshauger
05-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok, here is an example from Gen 1:2 in the NAU - I don't want anything from "Notes:" on. I had notes turned off - it turns off in the results window but not in the auto-info window.

<08414> WhTo tohu (1062c)

Meaning: formlessness, confusion, unreality, emptiness

Origin: from an unused word

Usage: chaos(1), confusion(1), desolation(1), emptiness(1), empty space(1), formless(2), futile(2), futile things(1), meaningless(2), meaningless arguments(1), nothing(2), waste(3), waste place(2).

Notes:

1 Or a waste and emptiness

2 Lit face of

3 Or hovering

a Jer 4:23

b Job 38:9

c Psa 104:30; Isa 40:13, Isa 40:14

d Deu 32:11; Isa 31:5

Philip Brown
05-20-2005, 11:15 AM
that you don't want the notes to show up in the AI window -- that's not possible.

If you mean that you don't want to copy the notes when you copy out lexical information, that's a snap. Just click in the AI window and highlight the information you desire, press Ctrl + C, and paste it into your word processor.

For example:

<08414> WhTo tohu (1062c)

Meaning: formlessness, confusion, unreality, emptiness

Origin: from an unused word

Usage: chaos(1), confusion(1), desolation(1), emptiness(1), empty space(1), formless(2), futile(2), futile things(1), meaningless(2), meaningless arguments(1), nothing(2), waste(3), waste place(2).

bshauger
05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Yes, I mean I don't want notes to show up in the AI window because I do want to copy the AI. Since I want to build a Strong's lexicon for a passage (whole book) I am looking for a way of avoiding all the copy and paste activity. If all else fails I will just paste it to the editor (with a mouse click) and write a script to take all the notes out.

It is rather foolish to include the Notes in the copy because they have no correlation with the lexical material. One is universal, the other specific to the passage. Strong's entry is Strong's entry for a word no matter where the word is used.