PDA

View Full Version : Clicking twice to close BW

wie
04-06-2004, 11:56 AM
My first post:
There still is the problem that you often have to click twice on the top right cross to close BW. I have never experienced this with any other program.
Unfortunately I cannot generate a reproducible scenario. If you just open BW and immediately close it, you only have to click once, but if you work a long session I almost always have to click twice.

tcblack
04-06-2004, 12:12 PM
My first post:
There still is the problem that you often have to click twice on the top right cross to close BW. I have never experienced this with any other program.
Unfortunately I cannot generate a reproducible scenario. If you just open BW and immediately close it, you only have to click once, but if you work a long session I almost always have to click twice.
Even after running for more than 24 hours, BW exits with one click on my system (WinXpHome). I've seen you note this at least once before when I was on Win98se and it still worked for me.
What else is running? Virus scanners? Windows version? etc. etc...?

Philip Brown
04-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi, Wieland,

My guess is that it is a focus problem, perhaps the parent BW window doesn't inherit or loses the focus from the internal windows.

Try this. Click on the title bar before trying to click the X button. If after clicking on the title bar, the X button closes down always with one click, it is almost surely a focus problem. If that doesn't work, then it's almost surely not a focus problem.

wie
04-06-2004, 01:51 PM
It happens with Windows 95, 98 and XP.
I don't think it is a focus problem, why is it happening only with BW?