View Full Version : compiling list of verbs by stems?
I'm a newbie with BW (have 5.0) and am wondering how ever you would do a study on all the verbal forms in piel in a corpus. Specifically, how could you list everything and be able to print it out (beyond by piel perfect, piel imperfect)? Thanks a lot, everyone.
05-10-2005, 06:50 AM
There is more than one way you could do this, but here is one:
1. On the command line, in 'Power User Mode' with your search version as WTM and display version as WTT (you can have other display versions as well) type: .*@vpp* <hit enter>
- This will search and display all the piel perfects.
- .*@vpp* (finds all piel perfects)
- .*@vpi* (finds all piel imperfects)
2. Go to -Tools - Word List Manager
3. Click 'Load or Generate Word List'
4. Select the option to 'Load highlighted words from last query'
5. Click 'Create list'
6. You can then Sort by frequency or alphabetically under the 'sort' menu option.
7. You can then export to RTF for printing under the 'file' menu option.
Hope this helps.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.