View Full Version : Needed: Help Setting up a specific search
04-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I am capable of navigating the basics, even finding the "search" limiting functions, but how would I do the following:
Generate a list all the Greek words in 2 Corinthians occurring 17 times or less, and have them listed by verse?
For example Paulos (Paul) occurs twice--in 1:1 and 10:1. How can I make BW find every word that occurs 17 X or less and tell me where they all are? Can this be done?
04-20-2005, 02:03 AM
By using the Word List Manager and the Advanced Search Engine you can find what you are looking for. Here are the steps.
1. Set your search limits on the command line. Type "l 2co" without quotation marks and hit enter.
2. Open the Word List Manager. Choose the appropriate version for your search, whether your a morphological version (such as BNM) or a text version (such as BNT). Check the verse range box that says "Use command center limits."
3. Run the search. Then select all the words that occur 18 times and over. Delete these words. You are now left with all words that occur 17 times and less. Save the word list as an IEL (inclusion/exclusion list) file and close the Word List Manager.
4. Open the Advanced Search Engine. Double click on the word box. Select the 3rd radio button, "Inclusion/exclusion list (IEL)".
5. Select "Load IEL". Choose the IEL you just created. Run the search, and there you have search hits for every verse that contains a word that occurs 17 times or less.
If you want to save the verse list for later, under the Option button you can choose "Save results to Verse List Manager" though that will not keep the highlighted words.
Hope this helps.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.