PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks shot on 60 Minutes



MTan
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
My favorite Bible program was flashed onto the screen on 60 Minutes last night. I didn't see it, but someone reported it to me and I have verified it. You can even see it (for now) on the 60 minutes website. The shot is about 2'19" into the segment:

http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/media/2005/04/03/video685263.wmv&sid=3415&dart=news.video (http://video.cgi.cbsnews.com/video/video.pl?url=/media/2005/04/03/video685263.wmv&sid=3415&dart=news.video)

or

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml)

Click "Video: The Pope's: Legacy"


Now we need a sticker on the box that says, "AS SEEN ON 60 MINUTES".

Michael

Gontroppo
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Cool bananas!


But, tsk, tsk! Version 5?

They don't know what they are missing out on.

David McKay
www.davidmckay.info (http://www.davidmckay.info)

nalsop
04-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I think the greater claim would be that this is the only Bible Software being used in the Vatican City!!!
Nick

jdarlack
04-05-2005, 08:10 PM
The folks in Rome have fantastic taste! Perhaps someone should offer them an upgrade pro bono.
...original post edited to remove unintentionally inflammatory remark...
Blessings from Gloucester, Massachusetts,

cvn
04-06-2005, 01:50 AM
>May God comfort his church during her loss, and may the cardinals
>experience the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in selecting a new shepherd!

Alternatively... depending of course on one's theological viewpoint... may God curse the synagogue of satan that has suffered loss and may the cardinals cease appointing further anti-christs.

wezlo
04-06-2005, 07:51 AM
>May God comfort his church during her loss, and may the cardinals
>experience the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in selecting a new shepherd!

Alternatively... depending of course on one's theological viewpoint... may God curse the synagogue of satan that has suffered loss and may the cardinals cease appointing further anti-christs.
Please tell me that was a joke...

Joe Fleener
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
I think maybe the point of this thread is being missed here.

I am pretty sure Michael's intention was not to stir theological debate, or even to create a thread to discuss the passing of Pope John Paul II, but rather to highlight a unique opportunity for publicity BW received on national TV.

cvn
04-06-2005, 08:31 AM
>Please tell me that was a joke...

Why would it be a joke? You heard of the reformation right? And the pope claims to be an "Alter Christus", or if we translate that into Greek, an "anti Christ".

jdarlack
04-06-2005, 09:40 AM
To the BibleWorks community and cvn:

I apologize for na´vely making such a theologically loaded statment, as I did not expect it to invoke such a response.

I am going to edit my post and remove my remarks, and I encourage cvn to edit or withdraw his reply. This forum is not the place for ecclesiological discussions such as this.

jdarlack
04-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Thank you, Michael Tan, for moving this thread!

I stand by my previous post (see below), and encourage all to edit the incendiary language from their posts for the sake of the community.

I am going to edit my post and remove my remarks, and I encourage cvn to edit or withdraw his reply. This forum is not the place for ecclesiological discussions such as this.

MTan
04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi Guys-

Let me remind you all that the Forum policies stipulate that

"1) Posts must be respectful to the other forum visitors. "Flames" directed at subscribers for no other reason than theological affiliation (i.e. Lutheran bashing, Catholic bashing, Reformed bashing, Liberal bashing, etc.) will not be tolerated. Discussion is allowed and encouraged; invective and railing is prohibited."

When deciding what crosses the line between discussion and invective, I'm necessarily subjective. I can't legislative in minute detail what is and is not appropriate. But if you can keep the spirit of the policies in mind, this will generally prevent 99% of the typical forum problems. For that remaining 1%, I will delete your posts when you go over the line.

The non-BibleWorks forum was specifically created so that people could feel free to discuss theological (and non-theological) questions. Even debate is fine in the non-BibleWorks forum. Just be respectful, even if you TOTALLY DISAGREE with your fellow forum members.

If a specific thread annoys you, just don't read it. If a specific poster annoys you, add them to your Ignore list in the User CP.

Michael