PDA

View Full Version : A BW toolbar in MSWord? (R U a programmer?)

jdarlack
04-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

I have been thinking about the ctrl+shift+b shortcut that you can use in your word processor that will open up a small dialog box for you to copy passages from BW into your word processor. If you don't know about this feature, you should give it a try while you're writing a paper or taking notes!

Anyway, I would like to see an actual toolbar developed that was linked to the appropriate Visual Basic (VBA) script, and designed so that it could reside in MSWord permanently as a part of work environment. The reason I'd like this is so I could conserve space while keeping multiple windows open on my laptop.

Folks who use another Bible software program have developed similar toolbars for MSWord (see the "Automating X (http://au.geocities.com/automatingx/macros.html)" website). I've attached a BMP of what a BibleWorks toolbar might look like...

In BW's help files/manual, one can find that BibleWorks can be accessed through both Dynamic Data Exchange and Java operations, so the toolbars in an external program could work.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about VBA and programming in general, and I simply do not have enough time to tinker with it now. But, if someone out there has the experience with the programming end, and the gumption and time to do it, I know that folks would find such a thing useful.

Thanks a billion for considering this,

Joseph B. Modica
04-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I concur with Jim's suggestion. An excellent idea.
Grace and peace, --Joe

chiefplt
04-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I may be able to look at this, but probably not for two months or so. I've got finals and whatnot coming up. But I agree that it's a great idea and I've had some experience doing similar things. If no one else has gotten to it by then, I'll take a look when I can...

pt

jdarlack
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I may be able to look at this, but probably not for two months or so . . . If no one else has gotten to it by then, I'll take a look when I can. . .Great!! Thanks a bunch in advance!

Bennett B. Wethered
04-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow! Great idea! Will wonders never cease.....

Now, if I can only get someone to consider doing something with my
Westminster Confession and Catechisms suggestion.....:rolleyes: