PDA

View Full Version : Two Versions in parallel columns

Duncan
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Is there a way to get Bibleworks to print or at least paste to my word processor a document that contains two versions, specifically BNT and NAU, in parallel columns, aligned verse by verse? Thanks.

Ken

Joe Fleener
03-30-2005, 07:15 AM
1. Go to tools - Parallel Versions Window.

2. Create your Parallel Versions Window to contian the two versions you want (BNT & NAU)

3. In your Word document create either two columns, or maybe better a table with two columns and one row.

4. Within BW, highlight the portion of the BNT you are wanting - copy and paste into one of the columns within your Word doc.

5. Repeat step #4 for NAU.

Duncan
04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the help, Joe. I do wish that parllel matching was tighter. If I truly want it parallel I have to add my own line breaks at various spots.

Ken

Clinton Branscombe
04-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I find it easier to keep versions in alignment if I use tables instead of columns. Here is how I do this:

1. Select section from first parallel version to copy. Paste it into your word processor. From the Table menu convert Text to Table using paragraph markers for cell division.

2. Insert a space or two after the first table and repeat the above steps for the second version. Then copy the table just created and place the cursor to the Right of the top cell in the first table and paste the second table.

3. After pasting the second version, select Table/Autofit/Autofit to Window. This will make sure the columns of the table fit on the page. Delete the second table.

Repeat steps two and three for as many versions as you require.

If you dislike the borders around table cells, just turn them off.

This sounds more difficult than it actually is. I have done this with up to four versions including Hebrew, Greek and two English. (Word wrap for Hebrew takes a bit more manipulation. Suffice it to say I use a Unicode version that will wrap automatically in Word. But that is another discussion...) :)

Attached is a Word document with NIV, NASB and Greek for John 1:1-4.