PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 6 Tutorial Websites?

BC4Jesus
03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Are there any good BibleWorks 6 Tutorials on the web for inexperienced beginners? I sure cannot find any. The manual has the ASE tutorial but I'm wanting a basic tutorial to learn the product inside and out.

Mark Langley
03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi Bob,

I don't know any www sites but the manual and the videos are very helpful. I would suggest working through them. When you hit a snag post a question.

BC4Jesus
03-18-2005, 12:24 AM
the manual and the videos are very helpful. I would suggest working through them. When you hit a snag post a question.

I'm definitely doing that (though the videos on disc 2 make me crazy). It would be nice if there was a site where you read and do what it says, then click the link to continue, etc. Then the learning could be done at one's own pace online. With the 400+ pages in the manual (it's very extensive) it's a bit overwhelming (but it will be nice to refer to as I learn).

Michael Hanel
03-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Though not always an option, one of the easiest ways to learn is to find someone else to show you the ropes. Not knowing your situation that's hard to determine. But if you're a student, find another student who uses BibleWorks, if you're a pastor find another pastor, etc. Otherwise you can watch the BW site for tours that some of their workers go on to have user demonstrations. Or as has been said you can ask questions here. The other great thing is that even if you don't ask questions, if you just sit around and read other people's msgs you'll be amazed at what you learn! I know I don't use the program as well as I could as each week I almost always learn something new!

Mark Langley
03-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi Bob,

It may at first seem overwhelming, but using the basics is easy. Keep in mind though BW is a powerful program and the time spent in learning your way around is well worth it. Keep watching the videos and studying the manual. You will be glad you did.

And the more you use BW in your studies the more proficient you will become. Remember, those on the list are quite willing to help.

djnordlund
03-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Here is an online tutorial that may be of interest.

http://www.library.yale.edu/div/biblewor.htm

Dan Nordlund
Bothell, WA

BC4Jesus
03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey, thanks a bunch for that link! That's what I was hoping to find. Easy to read and do (basic stuff). I really appreciate the link!