PDA

View Full Version : Removing Colors After Search

dmiller
03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
How do I unhighlight text after running a search? I've tried changing versions and texts, etc. The only thing I've found that works is restarting the program. Any suggestions?

jarcher
03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
One quick and easy way to turn off hit highlighting after you've run your search is to 'right-click' on the command line and select 'Clear Hit Highlighting'. Your search will remain intact but the yellow (or whatever color you've set) highlights over the hits will be removed.

Peace,
JA

Charlie
03-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Why do you ask? There are many ways to get rid of highlighting, but if you want to remove it just so it won't get into your document when you copy/paste some text, you can very quickly change a setting so colors don't transfer to the command line.

Just click Tools>Copy Center and click Format Option. Remove the check next to Colors in the "Include" section.

Hope that helps.

jarcher
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Why do you ask? There are many ways to get rid of highlighting, but if you want to remove it just so it won't get into your document when you copy/paste some text, you can very quickly change a setting so colors don't transfer to the command line.

Just click Tools>Copy Center and click Format Option. Remove the check next to Colors in the "Include" section.

Hope that helps.

Great tip Charlie. Thanks

alan1979
03-16-2005, 05:49 PM
You can always highlight the section that you added color to, and then re highlight it using black , to bring it back to its original format.

alan

dmiller
03-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.