PDA

View Full Version : Funny searches after colorizing

Ben Spackman
03-12-2005, 07:33 PM
I've been playing with the coloring tool a bit. I noticed the following funny thing.

Select WTM as search version.
Search for *@vq*
Pick a color and highlight those verbs. DON'T close the highlighting tool
Search for *@vp*
The search results include every verse, and nothing is highlighted (ie. there are no search results.)

When I do something similar in the GNM, the search returns no hits at all.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior? If so, we've got a bug.

Mark Eddy
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I've been playing with the coloring tool a bit. I noticed the following funny thing.

Select WTM as search version.
Search for *@vq*
Pick a color and highlight those verbs. DON'T close the highlighting tool
Search for *@vp*
The search results include every verse, and nothing is highlighted (ie. there are no search results.)

I tried to duplicate what you have done. Of course, I may have different versions active, and I may have used a different color, but I don't have the problem you describe. I DO get highlighting after the second search, and it does NOT include every verse (just most of them). For example Gen 2:1 does not show up in the second verse list.

When I tried to do something like what you suggest with the colors (and played around with it), this “Helpful Hint” popped up: “Note that since hit highlighting has precedence over color filters, when you add hits to a color file, the current search results information will be removed from memory so you can see the new colors.”

Might this help explain what is happening on your computer?

Mark Eddy