PDA

View Full Version : apostolic fathers morphological

Piscator
03-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Attempting to add the morphological version of the Ap fathers. The farthest I get is to have the morphological codes (listed as APM) given in another version in the top left window. (Find those codes confusing...). Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a way to get the morphology into the bottom left window when the mouse goes over the words as in other version?

Thanks

Mark Eddy
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Others have tried to start a morophological version of the Apostolic Fathers (and I once spent a day expanding one of those, which I have on my computer), but I was told that BW is in the process of paying someone to do it right, and from scratch. So, I stopped working on it. If you can wait a bit (7.0 maybe?) a fully functional morphological version of the Apostolic Fathers is planned.
But, if you really want to try, I could send you what I have, as partial as it is. I got the start for my apm version from the very top thread on the BibleWorks Forum: Master List Of BW Add-ons Created By Users (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53). It is listed as Apostolic Fathers (Partial Greek Morphology) by Ricardo Roman & Richard Stauch. They got it started, and I have just followed the format they use.
What I have displays correctly in both the results window (top left) and in the auto-info window (bottom left). I suspect that your APM may just need a change in your apm.ddf file.
Open the Version Database Compiler. Select apm (assuming you have already made an apm.ddf file). Near the bottom of the window you'll see 3b. "Greek and Hebrew Versions Only." Choose from the dropdown list on the left (I'm using "Based on BNM". To the right of that you need to fill in the "Companion" box with "APF". Now (if everything else is OK in your apm.ddf file) you're ready to compile the version, and it should display just like a real BibleWorks version.
If this doesn't help, then your apm.txt may not be set up right. Again, I could e-mail you what I have (most of which I received from others) for you to compare or build on, if you still want to go ahead with your project.

I hope this helps.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy