PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks on Virtual PC -- help needed

Philip Brown
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to help a friend who has just purchase BW 6 and is installing it on a Mac with Virtual PC.

Here's his situation:

Problem: As I come to the end of installing BW (and I've done this several times) I get the same messages. First I am told that BW could not load the file "fontlog.txt." Then I hit "OK". Then I get another message--the dread "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." Once again, I hit "OK." THEN I try to go on like there's no problem and I start up BW (since it is installed). The start up begins (I get the opening screen) but then I get the following from BW: "No valid Registration File was found. Please run SETUP." So I go back into drive D and find the Setup program in BW. I start it and it works through the whole install process again and once again I get the couldn't-load-"fontlog.txt" and then the illegal-operation-shut-down bummer. When I try to then start BW, I once again get the thing about no valid registration file.

Anybody else run into this?
Any help offered would be appreciated. Thanks!
Philip Brown

Philip Brown
03-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Help no longer needed. Thanks for reading my post, even if you didn't know the answer.
Philip

Charlie
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
It might be useful to other VPC users in the future if you can easily post the solution.

Thanks.

Philip Brown
05-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi, Charlie,

The solution ended up being -- buy a PC and install BW there rather than hassling with limited harddrive space and an old version of Virtual PC.

Not really much help, I'm afraid.