PDA

View Full Version : Flashcards Spanish for English Speakers

dbielby
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
My kids take Spanish at a Christian school. They memorize verses every week for their classes in the Bible (NIV). I would like to start pulling up the same
verses in the Spanish version and use the flashcard function to teach them the words for those verses. Is there a way to pull up the Spanish text and use that for Flashcards instead of the English/Greek?

Could we put the English/Spanish instead of English/Greek? Or does it have to be Spanish/Greek?

Joe Fleener
03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
There really is no way to "pull in a Spanish" text and create flash cards. You would have to manually create a set of flashcards in the form of a text file and then import them.

The procedure to do this is explained in the help section for the Flashcard Module.

dbielby
03-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Has anyone already compiled a text file of the Spanish Bible for Flashcard purposes? I have found that I am not able to get the other add on files loaded and running on my system. I have no idea why that is.

BTW-I have a relative who may be going to work for your school sometime soon.
Or he may already be there...his father is my second cousin-George Coon from Northeastern Baptist Church in Michigan.

I cannot remember if it was his son or son-in-law who was going to your school either this year or last fall. It's a small world isn't it?

Joe Fleener
03-08-2005, 12:52 PM
BTW-I have a relative who may be going to work for your school sometime soon.
Or he may already be there...his father is my second cousin-George Coon from Northeastern Baptist Church in Michigan.

I cannot remember if it was his son or son-in-law who was going to your school either this year or last fall. It's a small world isn't it?

Yes, George is coming here to take my place as I am leaving sometime after then end of this semester. He will direct the library and teach Church History.

Very small world. :)