PDA

View Full Version : keystroke for digamma

S A Wells
03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I would like to use the flashcard window to learn roots. Is it possible to assign a key to produce a digamma on a keystroke in order to make root flashcards possible? If so, how would one go about it.

thanks,
Scott

Michael Hanel
03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
If you go to Character Map (StartMenu->Run->(type in)charmap) you can get the full mapping of the BwGrkL font. It does have a digamma there. If you press and hold the alt-key and then type 0171 and release the alt-key you should get the character you're looking for. (if you're in BwGrkL font anyway)

Mark Eddy
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Holding down "Alt" and typing 0171 does not work in the BibleWorks editor window. My computer just makes noises when I hold down alt and type any number. Am I doing something wrong?

Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
03-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Sorry, I dont have a clue what's happening on your end. It all works fine to me. pressing alt 0171 produces this character "" which if you highlight and change to BwGrkL font becomes a digamma.

Greg Ward
03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
If you're not getting anything, use the _Number Pad_ for entry. I'm not on my BW machine, so I can't confirm in the editor. But it does work in MS Word. (Press and hold ALT, press 0 1 7 1 on number keypad, and release ALT)

Mark Eddy
03-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I am using a laptop computer, so I don't have a number key pad. Maybe this is part of the problem.

Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
03-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Hmm, yeah I didnt think of the keypad. I guess I just use it by default. I'm not sure if there is another work around, otherwise you'd have to go to Character Map and copy the digamma somewhere, like in word and copy it in wherever you need it.

arggem
03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I am using a laptop computer, so I don't have a number key pad. Maybe this is part of the problem.

Mark EddyOn my laptop, I have a "fake" keypad. The JKL keys also have 1,2, 3 on them. U,I,O, are 4,5,6 and 7,8,9 is, oddly enough, 7,8,9. M is 0. These keys have roughly the same layout as a key pad. I have to use a function key to activate it.

I just checked, and the ALT keys work fine with it.

Maybe your machine has this also.

I hope so.

Gary