PDA

View Full Version : OpenOffice font issue

ingosorke
03-03-2005, 10:55 PM
The Bwgrkl font shows up in OpenOffice (Writer), but Greek accent marks don't transfer correctly when cutting and pasting from BW into OOo. Must be a simple trick with fonts to fix that . . . Thanks.

J Kendall
03-04-2005, 04:45 AM
This works fine for me with OOo 1.1.4 under WinXP Home. I had problems with accents and diacritics with earlier versions of OOo under Win98SE.

I haven't tried the OOo 2.0 pre-release.

John
--
John Kendall
Cardiff
Wales

wezlo
03-04-2005, 06:51 AM
When I had this problem I switched to the post-script fonts and then cut/copy-paste worked fine..

ingosorke
03-04-2005, 09:47 AM
The fonts like fine on screen (Win XP SP2) but don't print correctly; Hebrew is worse. I think I'll stick to my no-hoops-to-jump-through WordPerfect 12 . . . !:)

wezlo
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I have never had a problem printing the fonts, what version of OOo are you using?

ingosorke
03-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Downloaded OOo 1.1.4 a couple of days ago to explore my software options and the Linux community, even though I'm still running it on Windows. I'll play around with it some more. Wezlo, do you favor Xandros or Mepis for Linux with BW 6? Thanks.

wezlo
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
I've got no problems printing with the fonts in linux or windows w/ OOo 1.1.4. I had a bad font install a while ago and switching to the post-script fonts fixed that for me; but this is a new thing.

I run Mepis, though Umbutu is supposed to be great. I've never run Xandros, but I hear only wonderful things about it. Mandrake is another good desktop distro that I ran for a LOOOOONNNNNGGG time, but I like Mepis better as a semi-experienced user...

J Kendall
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
The fonts like fine on screen (Win XP SP2) but don't print correctly; Hebrew is worse. I think I'll stick to my no-hoops-to-jump-through WordPerfect 12 . . . !:)

Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier message. You're right. The diacritics and accents don't print correctly. In fact, they looked just like this on screen for me with 1.1.2 (I think) under Win98SE.

One possible workaround is to use OOo's PDF export facility and to print the PDF file. I've only given it a brief test, but it seems to do the job OK.

John
--
John Kendall
Cardiff
Wales

ingosorke
03-05-2005, 09:37 PM
At the risk of sounding really dumb . . . but how do I switch to postscript fonts? I tried all the Greek fonts available in OOo, but my accent marks still don't print as Greek accent marks. OOo prints an acute (like in lo,gos) as a comma. I'll try a reinstall of OOo too.

wezlo
03-06-2005, 05:58 AM
At the risk of sounding really dumb . . . but how do I switch to postscript fonts? I tried all the Greek fonts available in OOo, but my accent marks still don't print as Greek accent marks. OOo prints an acute (like in lo,gos) as a comma. I'll try a reinstall of OOo too.
I do it this way. First, remove all the true type fonts from the fonts folder. Then, go into the BW folder and delete all the true type fonts (it was reinstalling them when I left them in the BW folder). Then install the fonts from the windows control panel, you'll find the post-script fonts in the bw folder...

ingosorke
03-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Default BW Greek Fonts display and print correctly in OOo 2.0 beta (79 build).
Thanks!

wezlo
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
but if it works... ok...