PDA

View Full Version : Parenthesis around words in the Diagramming Window?

ericjdaniels
02-24-2005, 03:20 PM
I am trying to put parenthesis around a Greek word in a diagram. It is an implied verb and I want to supply it, with parenthesis.

Does anyone know how to do this. I have tried double clicking the word, changing the text to arial, and typing parenthesis, but only the Greek symbols appear.

Thanks for the help!!

Blessings,

Eric Daniels

ericjdaniels
02-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions? Just wondering.

If no one has any help, is this something that BW6 can't do? If so, I will post it as a suggestion.

Thanks again,

Eric

Glenn Weaver
02-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Eric,

If you enter a text string with English fonts you can enter parentheses around a word. To enter a text string, click the uppercase T on the button bar. Then click where you want your first parenthesis. You may have to move the parenthesis so it lines up properly with the Greek word. Click the large T on the button bar again and insert your second parenthesis in the proper location. Hope this helps.

Glenn

ericjdaniels
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
That suggestions does actually work. I did it a bit different, but it does work.

It is amazingly inconvenient though. I wonder if BW would consider making it a button or a special function. I can't imagine I am the only person who likes to fill in implied verbs.

Thanks again Glenn.

Blessings,

Eric

Philip Brown
03-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello,

To supply a verb is not a problem.
1. drag any word into the slot where you want to supply the verb
2. double-click on the word near its top (otherwise you'll get a dialog about the line width and color)
3. In the textboxes where the Greek word is displayed, erase the word that is there and type in the word you want. You can delete or ignore morphology information
4. Just in case: ( = Shift + 4 and ) = Shift + 5

Philip Brown

Les Pedersen
04-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Drag one of the conjunction symbols onto the canvas. Right click over it. Select "Disconnect Selected Symbols." Then select the part that is NOT the "X". Hit delete. You are left with an "X" in parenthesis that can be replaced with any word from the text. I find that usually the assumed word is available somewhere else in the context. The resultant text then can be attached anywhere in your diagram.

Les