PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing user versions

Grantr21
01-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Hello - I'm a beginner at using versions created by fellow users on this forum site, and I keep on having problems actually installing the versions. Whenever I go to the Version Database Compiler and select the proper .ddf file and click Compile, the program says I must have a corresponding .txt file for the .ddf. The problem is that I do, but the program doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks,
Grant

Mark Langley
01-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Do you have the text file in the database folder? If you like you can forward it to me and I will give it a try.

My email is mlangley1@cox.net

Gontroppo
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
How does one reinstall the old NLT, with the files renamed to NLO.* please?

I reckon there must be quite a simple process!

David McKay
www.davidmckay.info (http://www.davidmckay.info)

tdavis2k
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Grant - mine does the same thing but the fix is simple enough. When asked to provide the location of the .txt (it does this for you automatically) manually select the .txt file from the list of files in the userdb subfolder.
For some reason the application does not recognize the file until you actually select it from the list of .txt files even though it identifies the correct file for you in the small window to the left.

Let me know if this helped or if I wasn't clear enough.

Grantr21
01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I manually showed BibleWorks where the file was and it worked. I'm now able to install the versions I've downloaded. Thanks again!

Grant

tdavis2k
01-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Praise God! That's great! I've seen this fenom in other programs and rather than spend hours of searching for the cause, it is sometimes is best to use the workaround.