PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for Preview files.

Ivo Fasiori
04-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Hi!

I saw the "beta" version of the LEH Lexicon...

This is only for beta testers, isn't it?

When do you think to release the first version
for general users?

TIA

Ivo

P.S. Thank you for your many "surprises" for us users http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

MBushell
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Ivo,

Oops. I assume that you saw this on the web summary of updates. The presence of the LEH there was a mistake in our posting software and has been removed. It is an early beta of the database, which is being prepared, along with a number of other items, for release later in the year. Sorry for the slip.

God bless,
Mike

jdarlack
04-02-2004, 10:52 AM
LEH?

I am not familiar with this...what is it?

~Jim

Ruben Gomez
04-02-2004, 11:11 AM
LEH?

I am not familiar with this...what is it?

~Jim
The LEH lexicon is the standard lexicon for Septuagintal studies. It's compiled by J. Lust, E. Eynikel, and K. Hauspie (hence LEH).

HTH,

Ruben Gomez

jdarlack
04-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Ahhhh that is what that is!

I had only heard it referred to as "Lust's Lexicon!" Yes...I am looking forward to that goodie! These folks really are amazing when it comes to getting new helps into the program!

Ruben Gomez
04-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Ahhhh that is what that is!

I had only heard it referred to as "Lust's Lexicon!" Yes...I am looking forward to that goodie! These folks really are amazing when it comes to getting new helps into the program!
This is a fairly frequent phenomenon. The Hebrew-Aramaic Lexicon of the OT is sometimes abbreviated as HAL (or HALOT) and also as KB (after its authors Ludwig Koehler and Walter Baumgartner.

Ruben Gomez

Ivo Fasiori
04-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Hi!

I downloaded and installed the latest patch for the Liddell-Scott
lexicon (Rev 1 6.0.007w), but I noted that now all the lexicon files
(ls*) are dated 10.3.2004, is it http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif???

TIA

Ivo

Ivo Fasiori
04-02-2004, 05:41 PM
:cool: Hi all!

I'm VERY curious about the new goodies you of the Staff
are preparing for the new CD... http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

Could you give us a little preview of them?
... Or it's still a secret? :)

Ivo

P.S. Hey folks, I'm following BW from version 2 (on diskettes) and I can
say you're GREAT :D

Ben Spackman
04-02-2004, 05:49 PM
I just downloaded the preview .exe that links the references in the AI window, and I LOVE IT! (No problems yet, either).

I notice that having that when a second window is open, that window is shared by clicked references from the NET notes and Lexicons. However, if you hold shift and click on a TSK reference in the AI window, it opens up a third window. Could the TSK references be routed to the same window that the NET and lexicon references open? It'd be like a cross-reference window:)

But, where should things like this be posted? We're wisely prevented from posting to the thread that announces them.

Love the forum. La vie est belle.

Charlie
04-02-2004, 05:57 PM
I just made a little change to the Thread title so others would know what this thread is for. I also merged two other related threads.

Charlie

Joe Fleener
04-03-2004, 10:41 AM
I just noticed that when I "right-click" in the AIW to change the default Greek Lexicon, I see LEH as an option. I do not see this lexicon in the Lexicon Browser, and when I select it as my default Greek Lexicon in the AIW, I get Friberg anyway.

Based on a previous message I saw, I don't think LEH should be showing up at all. I am pretty sure it should not show Friberg when selected.

Running PREVIEW. 6.0.008v

Ben Spackman
04-04-2004, 09:57 PM
I notice with .008v (the preview executable) when the secondary window is opened from a click, the search version changes. For example, clicking on the entry for pas and clicking on the first string of Bible references opens the second window and changes the search version to BGT. It would be better ( I think) to remain an English version, for the sake of the rest of the references.

I also note that not all of them will open. Again pas click on Mt 3:10 (opens window. Resize it.) Click Lk 3:9 and it displays in the same window. Mt. 15:13 and the following two will not display in the new window. When you get to 4:7, it then displays Isa 40:4, teh previous reference. So, they're not lining up correctly.

Also, would it be possible to make settings for this second window? Every time I click ( and I'm going to be doing this a lot, as it's a great feature) it opens up very large, covering the main display. I'd like it to remember its size and position. I also tend to keep the outline heading and browse listboxes open, but they take up valuable and unecessary space on the second window. IS there a way to get the seonc window to open with all those off, regardless of the main window setting?

Joe Fleener
04-06-2004, 07:57 AM
With this preview when I click on a link in the notes to NET it attempts to open another results window, but gives an error that it cannot find the reference in the current search version.

It does not seem to matter what i have my search version set to.

Joe Fleener
04-06-2004, 02:39 PM
The problem I was seeing is 8x is still there in 8y.

When I click on a link in the AIW for the NET it errors saying it cannot find the reference and changes my search version. It does not seem to matter what I have my search version set to.

Philip Brown
04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
The problem I was seeing is 8x is still there in 8y.

When I click on a link in the AIW for the NET it errors saying it cannot find the reference and changes my search version. It does not seem to matter what I have my search version set to.
Running XP here and not seeing any problems with links in the NET or BDAG.

However, I am seeing that the CL search version is not being maintained. (While I don't particularly care about that, if it is supposed to be maintained, it isn't being)

Ben Spackman
04-06-2004, 02:50 PM
XP Home, preview 8y. No problems with NET, HALOT or BDAG.

Joe Fleener
04-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Running XP here and not seeing any problems with links in the NET or BDAG.

However, I am seeing that the CL search version is not being maintained. (While I don't particularly care about that, if it is supposed to be maintained, it isn't being)
More detail:

When clicking on a HALOT link in the AIW my search version gets changed to WTT and the reference is displayed in the new window.

When clicking on a a BDAG link my search version changes to BGT and and the reference is displayed in the new window.

However, when clicking on a NET link in the AIW my search version gets changed to a user compiled version which does not contain the reference and therefore I get the error.

After trying each of these I am now receiving the error message "Cannot close the gloss window" everytime I move over the results window.