PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Time Line functionality...

nebrown1
01-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Some suggestions for improving the functionality of the time line program:

1. Add ability to select multiple events/eras at same time (using shift key or control key / also by lassoing with mouse). This would be very handy for moving a group of events around all at once (especially those not under an era).

2. Add ability to click in the chart area, hold down mouse key, and drag (move) the chart around the screen. This would allow you to move through the time line up/down and side-to-side without using the scroll bars.

3. Add ability to zoom in and out on the timelines. You can mimic this by changing the chart boundaries but zoom would be easier.

4. When you add a new event, sometimes the program puts it in on top of another event or era...I sometimes have to move other stuff out of the way just to get to my new event. Any chance of it avoiding existing events when it puts new ones in?

5. Add ability to copy and paste individual events (or a group of selected events); ability to delete multiple events at once.

6. Add ability to make eras sub-eras under other eras. I believe that right now each era stands on its own and cannot belong to another...

7. It would also be nice to be able to specify the font per event (or at least per era).

8. I've noticed that the length (up-down direction) of the timeline seems to be limited. I have an era that shows below the screen but I can't scroll down any farther...any chance of increasing the length of the timelines?

9. It would be nice to be able to add an existing era to a new timeline without having to clone it and save it under a new name.

------------------

In closing, kudos to you guys on this feature of BibleWorks. There is nothing like this out there and you might even consider making this a stand-alone program for chronologers, etc. Keep up the good work!

ugotdave
01-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Nate -

Great ideas!!
Send them here: IDEAS (http://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html)