PDA

View Full Version : Set range question

Werner
01-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Hello, my first post here..

Is there a way of setting the search range in the command line without opening up the Options menu? It's a bit unwieldy using the search range menu, because I will forget to reset the range, and the next time I do a search, the previous range will still be active.. if you know what I mean.

Werner

ugotdave
01-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Welcome Werner - I am a newbe as well, although I have been using BW (BilbeWorks) for about a year now.

To answer your question; yes you can set search limits with out going to the Tools | Options menu. Just use the button too the left of the command line, left click and choose "choose search limits".

David Morris :)

Philip Brown
01-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Is there a way of setting the search range in the command line without opening up the Options menu? Werner

Hi, Werner,

Yes, provided you're in power user mode.

On the Command Line type 'l' for 'limit' followed by a space and then the range you desire.
l gen = limit to genesis
l gen 1 = limit to genesis 1
l gen 1:1 = limit to genesis 1:1

To remove limits from the command line type 'l' and hit enter.

For more examples of how you can create non-contiguous range limits, look at the predefined limits already provided with BW. Like David said, click on the button to the left of the command line and choose Change Search Limits.

At the bottom you'll see a list of predefined ranges. Click on them and see (to the right) how they were created.

Also encourage you to check help on Search Limits.

Hope that helps

Werner
01-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Thank you. That's the answer I was looking for. I knew I would elicit a "Check help", which I did, of course, but for some reason, couldn't find the answer I was lookiing for.

What a great program! After years of being spoiled by the big freebie (Online Bible) I finally caved and bought BW 6. I am so grateful for that line item in the budget that says Pastor's Book Allowance.