PDA

View Full Version : copy and paste question

joeldanganan
01-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Whenever I copy and paste one word (usually in Hebrew or Greek), I do not want the book, chapter, and verse along with it. I already modified the copy center "format options" to no avail since this seems applicable only to the entire verse not for one word copy and paste application. Please help!

Joe Fleener
01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
If you are just wanting to copy a single word/lemma/form from BW to a document the quickest way is to highlight the word in BW do a ctrl - c for copy and then a ctrl - v for paste in your document.

This should just copy the word you had highlighted with not book/chapter/verse info. At least it did for me when I tried it.

joeldanganan
01-26-2005, 01:13 PM
ctrl c, ctrl v is the method I use. Still, the book, chapter, and verse come up with the word.

Joe Fleener
01-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, you got me. I am not sure what would be causing that.

Just in case, in my copy center - format options I have:

Remove Interior:

Chapter numbers - checked

the other two unchecked

Include:

The only two that are checked are Verse number and formatting.

Of course, to make sure, have you loaded the latest updates?

joeldanganan
01-26-2005, 01:33 PM
No, I have not downloaded the latest updates. How do I do this? Sorry I am a newbie. BTW, I have BW 6 with all the add ons.

Joe Fleener
01-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh yes, you will want to do this.

In BW, go to Help - BibleWorks on the web - Check for Web updates.

A dialog will open, it will take a few seconds then it will list in the left window all the updates that have been created since you last ran this (for you it will list all the updates since 6.0 was released.)

There will be a lot, since you have not done this before. You will want all of them. If you do not have a high speed Internet connection it may take a while, but it will be worth the wait.

joeldanganan
01-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks...still hoping to solve my problem though.

grace and peace,

joel

Joe Fleener
01-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I am not sure, but this could solve your problem too.

It is possible that this was a bug in the early release that has been fixed with an update. Apply all your updates and try it out.