PDA

View Full Version : Lost my command line

susanjeffers
01-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I use BW6 in Power User mode and somehow have lost my command line -- I know, as ignorant as I am about BW features I have no business in Power User Mode --- but what little I use, I use a LOT -- except now!

How can I get it back? I tried using Standard Mode for awhile, but it was too annoying... I prefer typing in cryptic codes to get what I want.

:-)

Thanks in advance for telling me the magic place I need to click!

Mark Langley
01-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Are you back in the power mode now?

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi,

Are you back in the power mode now?

Nope. Using Standard Mode and not liking it much. May resort to doing the tutorials or reading the manual if no one here takes pity on me....

Mark Langley
01-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Nope. Using Standard Mode and not liking it much. May resort to doing the tutorials or reading the manual if no one here takes pity on me....

If you switch to Power Mode will the command line appear again?

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 08:55 AM
If you switch to Power Mode will the command line appear again?

No. All I get in Power Mode is 2 windows to the left, one that shows the current verse in several versions and languages, and below it the parsing of whichever Greek or Hebrew word I mouseover.

Normally in Power Mode on the right I'll have several windows, one of is the Command Line and above it the list of verses that meet the criteria on which I've searched, and I forget what-all-else. Evidently I accidentally closed these right-column windows and saved that configuration.... I'm sure there's a simple way to get it back, I just can't figure out what!

I can switch back & forth between Power Mode and Standard Mode. Standard Mode has a right-hand column similar to what I want, except the Command Line is menu-driven. Power Mode just has a big blank white space on the right.

Thanks!!

Joe Fleener
01-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Susan,

One option is to reinitialize your ini file.

To do this, close BW. While holding your shift key down open BW. You will see a dialog window that will give you the option to either delete or reinitialize you bw600.ini file. If you select this and then open BW all the default setting will return.

CAUTION - If you do this you will also loose other settings (i.e. favorites, etc.) you may have setup for yourself. If you have done a lot of this, then do not reinitialize you ini file. If this is your case, then maybe you could send a screen print of what your BW window looks like and we can figure something else out.

Hope this helps.

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi Susan,

To do this, close BW. While holding your shift key down open BW. You will see a dialog window that will give you the option to either delete or reinitialize you bw600.ini file. If you select this and then open BW all the default setting will return.

CAUTION - If you do this you will also loose other settings (i.e. favorites, etc.) you may have setup for yourself. If you have done a lot of this, then do not reinitialize you ini file. If this is your case, then maybe you could send a screen print of what your BW window looks like and we can figure something else out.

Hope this helps.

It wouldn't take me very long to reset my favorites, but I'd rather learn where I goofed up and how to fix it directly -- I've had BW for years and used it constantly but have never "gotten" the simplest things --

How do I send a screen print?

THANKS!!!!

Joe Fleener
01-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Hi Susan,

Just send it to be directly.

With you BW open hit the 'PrtSc' button on your comuter. Then open your email editor and click edit-paste. This will paste the picture in your email.

If that does not work, paste it into a Word document and then send that document to me as an attachment.

fleener@rcn.com

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Susan,

Just send it to be directly.

With you BW open hit the 'PrtSc' button on your comuter. Then open your email editor and click edit-paste. This will paste the picture in your email.

If that does not work, paste it into a Word document and then send that document to me as an attachment.

fleener@rcn.com

I can see this is going to be one of those "well-duh!" kind of days.

I just emailed you both the screen print embedded in the message, AND a Word document with it pasted in.

I used to use "print screen" back in the olden DOS days; had the idea it had been discontinued somewhere along the line. well-duh!

THANKS! I eagerly await your instructions as to how to regain my command line.

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't suppose I can paste my screen in here, can I? In case someone comes upon this thread and wants to know?

Only thing I can see to try is making the screen print into a jpg and attaching it to this post. I'll try that.

susanjeffers
01-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi Susan,

Thanks - that took care of my problem... I really appreciate all the help!

Mark Langley
01-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi Susan,

I am glad you and Joseph got this worked out. In the past I lost my command line but I cannot remember what I did to lose it. Anyway glad to see it is resolved.

Gontroppo
01-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi Susan
I also unexpectedly lost the command line.

I probably "cracked a walnut" with a sledgehammer" but my solution was to reinstall the whole program, which worked.

David McKay
www.davidmckay.info (http://www.davidmckay.info)

MTan
01-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Try pulling down the sizing bar in the upper right, just under the button bar. It looks like your Editor window has gotten sized so that it fill up the entire height of the right side...

susanjeffers
01-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Try pulling down the sizing bar in the upper right, just under the button bar. It looks like your Editor window has gotten sized so that it fill up the entire height of the right side...

well that may indeed have been my problem. I've already reloaded or reset or whatever you call it -- the ini files --

But I did go in just now and drag the top border of my Editor window all the way up, and it sure looked like my problem screen from a couple of days ago (no command line). And then I dragged the border back down and all was well.

Now if I can just remember for next time, should there ever be a next time!

One good thing, when I reloaded or reset, BW started asking me each time I boot whether I want to watch the videos. I've adopted the spiritual discipline of picking a different video each time and watching at least until I learn something new, and then going and trying it out....

THANKS!!!! :-)

Mark Langley
01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Susan,

I would definitely spend some time watching the videos and reading through the manual. There is lots of helpful info in both.

Joe Fleener
01-24-2005, 02:28 PM

Michael,

Good call. I thought there was something strange with that vertical scroll bar on the far right, but just couldn't put my finger on it!

We got 10+ inches of snow over the weekend - maybe my mind was full of snow too! :o