PDA

View Full Version : the word under the cursor and the lexicon linked to the word

moonryul
01-01-2005, 11:08 PM
When I open the BNM text, actual verses are displayed
together with the grammatical tagging for each word.
I want to deactivate the grammatical tagging, and activate
it only when I want.

How can I do it?

Moon Jung
Associate Professor
Dept of Media Tech
Sogang Univ, Seoul, Korea

vr8ce
01-03-2005, 08:58 AM
When I open the BNM text, actual verses are displayed
together with the grammatical tagging for each word.
I want to deactivate the grammatical tagging, and activate
it only when I want. How can I do it? Don't use BNM? :) I'm not sure I understand the request, but BNM is the tagged database. If you don't want the tags, then use BNT, which is the same database without the tags.

Vince

moonryul
01-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't use BNM? :) I'm not sure I understand the request, but BNM is the tagged database. If you don't want the tags, then use BNT, which is the same database without the tags.

Vince
Thanks, that is what I figured out. But the tagged database
is a pair of text and tagging. So, deactivating the tagging
from the pair would be easy. I do not want to switch from BNT to BNM, and vice versa.

Moon

vr8ce
01-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks, that is what I figured out. But the tagged database is a pair of text and tagging. So, deactivating the tagging
from the pair would be easy. I do not want to switch from BNT to BNM, and vice versa.
Moon You don't have to switch. Read up in the Help on the Results Window Configuration Options, specifically "Do not automatically make morphology versions display versions."

And stating something is "easy", when you know nothing of the underlying program, is usually not a good idea. :)

Vince

moonryul
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
You don't have to switch. Read up in the He, specifically "Do not automatically make morphology versions display versions."

And stating something is "easy", when you know nothing of the underlying program, is usually not a good idea. :)

Vince
I checked the check box "Do not automatically make morphology versions display versions." in Tools->Options->
Option Flags-> Results Window Configuration Options

But I did not see any change in the Results Window;
the morphology is still displayed.

What did I miss?

Moon Jung
Sogang Univ