PDA

View Full Version : Verse ranges

vr8ce
12-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Just installed the latest patch with the "experimental" verse ranges added back (Steven should be *so* happy! :) ), and so far so good. It doesn't have the last attempt's tendency to "lock on", i.e. I can display a range, then go to a single verse, and only that single verse displays (before it would keep a range).

However, it doesn't do something it did last time that I actually liked. After displaying a range, using Ctrl-Up/Down in the result window returns to a displaying a single verse, until it gets back to the first verse of the range, in which case it displays the range again. What it did last time was to keep the number of verses when moving up/down by a verse. That is, if 1-3 were displayed, and Ctrl-Down were hit, then the range moved to 2-4.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I found that handy. It meant I could keep a certain number of verses of context on the screen at all times, at least while I was moving a verse at a time. So, if possible, and the group agrees, I would like that back.

Thanks!

Vince