PDA

View Full Version : What Operating System do you use?

Charlie
04-02-2004, 03:35 PM
What Operating System do you use?

tcblack
04-03-2004, 01:17 AM
It actuallly depends on where I'm sitting at the time.
I voted under only one but I use Winxphome (downstairs), Win9se (upstairs), and occasionally Linux.

Gontroppo
04-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Charlie: I would be interested in a poll of
1. Where did you first hear about BibleWorks?
2. When did you first hear about BibleWorks?

I'll give my answers if you set up such a poll.

Thanks
If we are able to do this ourselves, btw, please tell us how.

David McKay

onefear
04-03-2004, 08:00 PM
To start a thread with a poll, in the General BibleWorks discussion (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2) forum, for example, you click "New Thread." You give the thread a title and put the content of your first post in. At the bottom of the new thread page under "Additional Options" is an option entitled "Post a Poll" where, to do so, you would check "Yes," and enter the number of Poll options you want. Then, when you submit the thread, a page comes up when you can enter the poll question and options.

I assume the adminstrators have enbled poll posting for regular users, but I can't be sure until it's submitted. Go ahead and try your hand at it!

Blessings,

Clay

James H. Tifft
04-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I use the latest porducts I can obtain, I use Windows XP, Office HE 2003 or XP and of course BibleWorks 6.0........ I could go on for a very long time from here,

Shalom,

Jim Tifft

arggem
04-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Like tcblack, I use different OSes. I voted my main compu (Win XP Home), but also use it sporatically on a 98 SE box.

Gary

MGVH
04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Now I realize that the sort of person (such as myself) who would respond to this poll is probably a little more interested in operating systems than they need to be, and as such is probably using newer equipment than many...
... but, it is interesting that 70%+ are using a version of WinXP... and that means that BibleWorks really does need to be working on moving over to Unicode.
(I've been asking about this for more than a year, and BW has been hesitant because to switch because Unicode works only with some effort on Win ME and not very well on Win98 or earlier.)
Everything new I now compose, I do in Unicode. I use a Word macro to convert from BW to Unicode, but to get Hebrew, Syriac, Greek, and everything in Unicode is definitely the way to go. Using Tauvesoft's Keyman with a Unicode font (such as the free Cardo) is a wonderful way to work.:cool:

Charlie
06-24-2004, 03:46 PM
MGVH makes a good point, but this poll does not accurately reflect all BibleWorks users. I don't have any official numbers but I don't think even 50% of our current users are on XP yet. This is an interesting poll though, so please do vote if you haven't already.

Charlie

roel schipper
06-25-2004, 05:44 AM
What Operating System do you use?
WinXP home-edition
Roel Schipper