PDA

View Full Version : Apocrypha - Aramaic or Hebrew Versions?

alcantley
12-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Are there tagged or original language versions (Aramaic or Hebrew) of the Apocrypha available in BW? If not, does anyone know of anything available elsewhere? Thanks.

Al Cantley

Gontroppo
12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm assuming you mean the small bits that have a Semitic original, such as Sirach? I guess you know most of the Apocrypha is Greek.

David McKay
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~musicke

Mark Eddy
12-20-2004, 11:47 PM
No, there currently is no Hebrew or Aramaic version of any of the Apocrypha in BibleWorks. A year or so ago I found something on the web that claimed to be a Greek-Hebrew parallel version of Sirach, but it was all in English transliteration, not the system used in BibleWorks either. Most of the "Hebrew" verses were blank. I don't know if the situation has improved in the last year. Since HALOT refers to Hebrew words in various verses of Sirach, eventually somehow the Hebrew of Sirach should find its way into BibleWorks. But we're not there yet.

Merry Christmas!
Mark Eddy

MBD
12-24-2004, 03:42 PM
I am working in Tobit and the Qumran fragments in Hebrew and Aramaic are available (I think in the Qumran add-on). I wish there was a version of the Old Latin which I have found very helpful.