PDA

View Full Version : Morphology Assistant

Bob Stallman
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm using BW 9.0.12.515 on a PC and appreciate using the Morphology Assistant for morphological searches. Unlike the command line search, students appreciate my demonstrations more when I use the Morphology Assistant in class because they can immediately see a whole range of options at a single glance.

I recently placed BW on my MacbookAir (9r3-23 version 12.5.0.27229) and cannot find a way to view the Morphology Assistant or add its button to the toolbar.

Is the Morphology Assistant still available in the Mac version?

thanks,
Bob

Donald Cobb
03-26-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm using BW 9.0.12.515 on a PC and appreciate using the Morphology Assistant for morphological searches. Unlike the command line search, students appreciate my demonstrations more when I use the Morphology Assistant in class because they can immediately see a whole range of options at a single glance.

I recently placed BW on my MacbookAir (9r3-23 version 12.5.0.27229) and cannot find a way to view the Morphology Assistant or add its button to the toolbar.

Is the Morphology Assistant still available in the Mac version?

thanks,
Bob

Hello Bob,

My experience, unfortunately, is the same. The morphology assistant is only accessible--from what I can see after having looked in several other places for it--on the tool bar, and the Mac version of the tool bar is not modifiable at this point. There is, of course, the popup morphology assistant on the command line, which, practically speaking, does pretty much the same things the Morph. assistant does. With the latest installer, it works quite nicely.

It would be nice to have the tool bar working as well on the Mac version as it does on a PC (with the popup information on each button as well, so one knows what the different buttons do, without having to learn the whole setup by heart!).

Regards,

Don Cobb
Aix-en-Provence, France