PDA

View Full Version : Question about mss pictures

xenophon
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Are the manuscript pictures complete? For instance, are there screen shots for all of Sinaiticus, entire Bible, including OT and Apocrypha?

Glenn Weaver
03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry, but the images and transcriptions are NT only.

Blessings,
Glenn

xenophon
03-07-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry, but the images and transcriptions are NT only.

Blessings,
Glenn

Is there a possibility full shots of the mss will be available in the future?

Glenn Weaver
03-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi xenophon,

I think that it would be unlikely, but you could send a request to ideas at bibleworks.com with your suggestion.

Blessings,
Glenn

Michael Hanel
03-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi xenophon,

I think that it would be unlikely, but you could send a request to ideas at bibleworks.com with your suggestion.

Blessings,
Glenn

Even if the manuscript images weren't tagged like the NT portions are, it'd be great to have them for consultation. :cool:

Glenn Weaver
03-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Yes, I agree that it would be useful to have the images even if we do not have accompanying text versions. We will keep it in mind.

Blessings,
Glenn

Isaiah 14:3-5
02-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Anyone know what is preventing BW 10 from allowing me to see the manuscripts, even with an active MSS tab? (I could previously see them, but they've now been unavailable for several weeks.)

I admit it, I'm a newb...

Thanks for whoever rescues me:eek:

Mark Eddy
02-16-2016, 01:31 AM
"Anyone know what is preventing BW 10 from allowing me to see the manuscripts, even with an active MSS tab? (I could previously see them, but they've now been unavailable for several weeks.)"

Can you be more specific in what you are doing now? For example, some manuscripts do not contain all the verses of the N.T. So, if your browse window is at that verse and you open the Mss tab, it will be empty, but if you click on the arrow to the right of "Choose image file" and pick another manuscript, you might see something. Just guessing.
Mark Eddy

02-16-2016, 12:43 PM
Oh thanks, Mark!

Presently we are working with Ephesians and Colossians. It doesn't seem to matter which actual manuscript of the nine we have available (S. m-01, A. m-02, V. m-03, E.R. m-04, Bez. m-05, C. m-06, Boe. m-012, W. m-032, and m-1141) we're attempting to view; none are providing a manuscript view no matter which verses of these two books we wish to peruse.

:confused:

Um...which (left side) Analysis Window tab should be chosen to cause manuscripts to be visible? I'm thinking I've just clicked something somewhere...

Mark Eddy
02-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Presently we are working with Ephesians and Colossians. It doesn't seem to matter which actual manuscript of the nine we have available (S. m-01, A. m-02, V. m-03, E.R. m-04, Bez. m-05, C. m-06, Boe. m-012, W. m-032, and m-1141) we're attempting to view; none are providing a manuscript view no matter which verses of these two books we wish to peruse.
I have Col 1:1 in the Browse window.
I have only 3 columns, though it should not make a difference if you have four, except that the manuscripts are often quite wide, so I prefer to view them with a wider Analysis Window.
I can view Sinaiticus, Alexandrinus, Vaticanus, and Ephraemi in the "Mss" tab, which is on the right side of my screen, not the left.
When I view them at 100% magnification, sometimes the margins of the manuscripts are so large that the window appears blank. But when I right click in the Mss tab window and choose "Zoom level," and choose 25%, I can always see some text. You may have to drag it so that you see the part you want.
Does this help at all?

Um...which (left side) Analysis Window tab should be chosen to cause manuscripts to be visible? I'm thinking I've just clicked something somewhere...
BW10 works differently from BW9, in which some images of some of the mss. could be viewed in a separate window. But as far as I can tell the Mss tab has always worked the same in BW 10. If someone accidentally deleted some mss files, that could be a problem.
Mark Eddy

02-17-2016, 11:55 AM
We immediately took your suggestion to decrease the Zoom Level hoping that would return us to an installed state, but ...alas. Decreased it all the way down to 10%.

There is a screenshot of our active session of BW 10 at the bottom of this post, but here goes the thousand words description anyway, because forum rules state if an uploaded file isn't accessed within four hours it will be deleted.

We're looking at five windows.

Left to right they are 'Search,' 'Browse,' and 'Analysis,' with Analysis further subdivided into three windows.

Analysis window is subdivided into two panes, 'left-pane,' where we have available eight tabs with 'Analysis' selected
X-Refs, Context Vs1 ePub1
Analysis Notes Editor Resources

And 'right-pane,' where we have available twelve tabs, with 'Mss' selected
ePub2 UserLex Leningrad
Vs2 Words Stats Version Browse Mss Use Forms Agnt

Right-pane Analysis window is further subdivided into top pane and bottom pane. (Or is it 'bottom pain?!' :D)

In the bottom pane (where we believe the elusive manuscript images oughta be) there are no tabs, only
"Col 1:8 Transcription Notes
There are no transcription notes for this verse."

We do hope this makes sense, Mark. If it doesn't it's quite understandable.

Glenn Lawson

Gilbert Salinas
02-17-2016, 01:58 PM
I see the pic that you uploaded.. In the right pane, there should be three windows. There is a window in between the top and bottom hidden.

Put your mouse on the bar in between the the two windows. Grab, and pull down. I tried it on my BW10 and it works. The size of the bar indicates there is another

window hidden.

Hope it works!

Gilbert

02-17-2016, 07:52 PM
GRACIAS, Gilbert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

HOORAYYYYY

:rolleyes::)

Gilbert Salinas
02-18-2016, 12:36 AM
:) Glad to help..